Mar 27, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers need to go 12-4-0 to make the playoffs, estimates the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle in his debut “Playoff Push” post for 2013.
The Washington Capitals? They need a 10-4-1 finish.
As for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Chicago Blackhawks, well, the answer is nothing. They could lose the rest of their games and still make it.
Now, obviously, the following are just estimates — the Flyers may in fact need to win 13 times; or maybe it’s just 11 victories plus a shootout loss — but Mirtle nonetheless offers a good sense of how teams will have to perform in the final month of the regular season in order to keep playing into May.
When asked for comment, the Panthers replied…
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 25
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)