Mar 27, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers need to go 12-4-0 to make the playoffs, estimates the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle in his debut “Playoff Push” post for 2013.
The Washington Capitals? They need a 10-4-1 finish.
As for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Chicago Blackhawks, well, the answer is nothing. They could lose the rest of their games and still make it.
Now, obviously, the following are just estimates — the Flyers may in fact need to win 13 times; or maybe it’s just 11 victories plus a shootout loss — but Mirtle nonetheless offers a good sense of how teams will have to perform in the final month of the regular season in order to keep playing into May.
When asked for comment, the Panthers replied…
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)