Mar 27, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers need to go 12-4-0 to make the playoffs, estimates the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle in his debut “Playoff Push” post for 2013.
The Washington Capitals? They need a 10-4-1 finish.
As for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Chicago Blackhawks, well, the answer is nothing. They could lose the rest of their games and still make it.
Now, obviously, the following are just estimates — the Flyers may in fact need to win 13 times; or maybe it’s just 11 victories plus a shootout loss — but Mirtle nonetheless offers a good sense of how teams will have to perform in the final month of the regular season in order to keep playing into May.
When asked for comment, the Panthers replied…
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (152)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)