Mar 27, 2013, 3:20 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers need to go 12-4-0 to make the playoffs, estimates the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle in his debut “Playoff Push” post for 2013.
The Washington Capitals? They need a 10-4-1 finish.
As for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Chicago Blackhawks, well, the answer is nothing. They could lose the rest of their games and still make it.
Now, obviously, the following are just estimates — the Flyers may in fact need to win 13 times; or maybe it’s just 11 victories plus a shootout loss — but Mirtle nonetheless offers a good sense of how teams will have to perform in the final month of the regular season in order to keep playing into May.
When asked for comment, the Panthers replied…
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 12
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 14
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14