Mar 27, 2013, 3:20 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers need to go 12-4-0 to make the playoffs, estimates the Globe and Mail’s James Mirtle in his debut “Playoff Push” post for 2013.
The Washington Capitals? They need a 10-4-1 finish.
As for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Chicago Blackhawks, well, the answer is nothing. They could lose the rest of their games and still make it.
Now, obviously, the following are just estimates — the Flyers may in fact need to win 13 times; or maybe it’s just 11 victories plus a shootout loss — but Mirtle nonetheless offers a good sense of how teams will have to perform in the final month of the regular season in order to keep playing into May.
When asked for comment, the Panthers replied…
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)