Mar 27, 2013, 9:55 AM EST
There isn’t much that’s more embarrassing in hockey than accidentally shooting on your own goal.
He helped bury the Hurricanes when he whiffed on a shot and then sent the puck sailing backwards by bringing his stick back to the ice. Hurricanes goaltender Justin Peters, playing in his 34th NHL game, couldn’t handle the surprise shot.
You can watch the play below:
Carolina has now lost six straight games and is six points behind the Southeast Division-leading Winnipeg Jets.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 14
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 21
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 30
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (63)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)