Mar 27, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
There isn’t much that’s more embarrassing in hockey than accidentally shooting on your own goal.
He helped bury the Hurricanes when he whiffed on a shot and then sent the puck sailing backwards by bringing his stick back to the ice. Hurricanes goaltender Justin Peters, playing in his 34th NHL game, couldn’t handle the surprise shot.
You can watch the play below:
Carolina has now lost six straight games and is six points behind the Southeast Division-leading Winnipeg Jets.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6