Mar 27, 2013, 9:55 AM EDT
There isn’t much that’s more embarrassing in hockey than accidentally shooting on your own goal.
He helped bury the Hurricanes when he whiffed on a shot and then sent the puck sailing backwards by bringing his stick back to the ice. Hurricanes goaltender Justin Peters, playing in his 34th NHL game, couldn’t handle the surprise shot.
You can watch the play below:
Carolina has now lost six straight games and is six points behind the Southeast Division-leading Winnipeg Jets.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 50
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50