Mar 27, 2013, 11:50 AM EDT
The NHL’s trade deadline is Wednesday, April 3. Following is a player that may be moved. For more “Trade Bait,” click here.
Nikolai Khabibulin‘s 43-save shutout versus the Blues on Tuesday couldn’t have come at a better time for the Oilers. Not only did Edmonton badly need the win to stay in the playoff race, it was able to showcase a potential trade chip in its veteran goalie.
Khabibulin, 40, is in the final year of a contract that features a salary and cap hit of $3.75 million. Yes, he had hip surgery in April and was forced to start the season on injured reserve, but he’s feeling much better now.
“When your body doesn’t hurt as much, it makes it more fun,” he said last night after being named the game’s first star.
In seven appearances this season, Khabibulin is 3-3-1 with a 1.93 goals-against average and .941 save percentage.
Who might be interested in adding a rental goalie at the deadline? Well…
St. Louis has the worst team save percentage in the NHL (.883).
Free-falling Carolina may want to make a move. Like, right now.
Toronto could use a veteran to guard against another late-season collapse.
And as hard as Blackhawks fans try to convince themselves it’s not, Chicago’s goaltending is still a question mark heading into the playoffs. It was great in January and February; it hasn’t been fantastic in March.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:27 PM EDT
Former NHL stars are among the list of likely candidates.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 PM EDT
Has Buffalo set itself up for an era of long playoff runs?
Jul 30, 2015, 7:52 PM EDT
The deal is reportedly worth $5.6 million.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:11 PM EDT
At one point he was listed as the top European skater in the 2015 draft.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:52 PM EDT
The Flyers also have forwards Claude Giroux and Sean Couturier locked up.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:22 PM EDT
The 37-year-old still wants to continue his career.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
Along with Yao Ming.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:01 PM EDT
“Nobody benefits from a short-term deal like this, in particular, our hockey department.”
Jul 30, 2015, 1:15 PM EDT
Vancouver wasting little time locking up the target of Tuesday’s trade.
Jul 30, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Boston could use some depth on its back end.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:50 AM EDT
Hearing is scheduled for Friday at 9 a.m. ET.
Jul 30, 2015, 10:50 AM EDT
Alleged incident involved a female victim.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
As opposed to just his skill.
Jul 30, 2015, 9:00 AM EDT
The former general manager “wasn’t prepared to make the changes that needed to be made.”
Jul 30, 2015, 8:00 AM EDT
Thursday’s collection of links.
Jul 29, 2015, 10:40 PM EDT
He played in 502 games, primarily with the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Jul 29, 2015, 9:12 PM EDT
The 24-year-old gives agreed to an entry-level deal.
Jul 29, 2015, 7:49 PM EDT
Will he live up to his next contract?
Jul 29, 2015, 6:27 PM EDT
“It really wasn’t about Dainius himself.”
Jul 29, 2015, 4:57 PM EDT
His collection can be had for $5.7 million.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)