Mar 27, 2013, 9:12 PM EDT
A couple weeks ago, rumors circulated that Ryan Miller‘s “days are numbered” with the Buffalo Sabres, although that could have meant the summer or even next season. There’s a slight chance that number might be even lower.
Rogers Sportsnet’s Daren Millard reports that Miller’s name is “in play” amid the Sabres’ talks with the Tampa Bay Lightning.
That would be surprising for a reason that goes beyond Miller’s face-of-the-franchise status with Buffalo: the Lightning play in the same division (and will in realignment, too).
Then again, if you’re merely swinging for the fences return-wise, the Bolts might be the best place to look. Goaltending and defense have been a huge headache for Tampa Bay, so Miller could potentially fill that need in a big way.
Naturally, with any trade rumor, it’s crucial to take it with a grain of salt. Even rumored discussions that actually exist don’t always come to fruition.
Still, if you’re looking for another big chip to be moved, perhaps the 32-year-old star could be in the mix.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 115
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (115)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (40)