Mar 27, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
“For me growing up in Vancouver, I’ve gotten to see him play a lot,” Lucic, 24, told the Boston Herald.
“He’s definitely one of my favorite players and one of my idols growing up watching him play. I think it would be great if a deal was made. He’d be welcomed here with open arms in this dressing room. If the deal’s made, we’d be more than happy to have him.”
Iginla would be a big boost to an already deep Boston Bruins’ team. That being said, the Bruins might balk at the Calgary Flames’ asking price. Boston has also been linked to several other top-six forwards.
Lucic, like the rest of us, will just have to wait and see what Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli does.
“It’s something you can’t control, so you whatever rumors that are out there are there,” said Lucic. “You’re just focusing on the games that you have to play. That’s the business side of it.
“We have a great management group here that takes care of those things and whatever deal they feel is good for the team they’re going to make.”
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)