Mar 27, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
“For me growing up in Vancouver, I’ve gotten to see him play a lot,” Lucic, 24, told the Boston Herald.
“He’s definitely one of my favorite players and one of my idols growing up watching him play. I think it would be great if a deal was made. He’d be welcomed here with open arms in this dressing room. If the deal’s made, we’d be more than happy to have him.”
Iginla would be a big boost to an already deep Boston Bruins’ team. That being said, the Bruins might balk at the Calgary Flames’ asking price. Boston has also been linked to several other top-six forwards.
Lucic, like the rest of us, will just have to wait and see what Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli does.
“It’s something you can’t control, so you whatever rumors that are out there are there,” said Lucic. “You’re just focusing on the games that you have to play. That’s the business side of it.
“We have a great management group here that takes care of those things and whatever deal they feel is good for the team they’re going to make.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 0
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 40
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 29
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 15
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8