Mar 27, 2013, 3:14 PM EST
“For me growing up in Vancouver, I’ve gotten to see him play a lot,” Lucic, 24, told the Boston Herald.
“He’s definitely one of my favorite players and one of my idols growing up watching him play. I think it would be great if a deal was made. He’d be welcomed here with open arms in this dressing room. If the deal’s made, we’d be more than happy to have him.”
Iginla would be a big boost to an already deep Boston Bruins’ team. That being said, the Bruins might balk at the Calgary Flames’ asking price. Boston has also been linked to several other top-six forwards.
Lucic, like the rest of us, will just have to wait and see what Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli does.
“It’s something you can’t control, so you whatever rumors that are out there are there,” said Lucic. “You’re just focusing on the games that you have to play. That’s the business side of it.
“We have a great management group here that takes care of those things and whatever deal they feel is good for the team they’re going to make.”
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8