Mar 27, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
“For me growing up in Vancouver, I’ve gotten to see him play a lot,” Lucic, 24, told the Boston Herald.
“He’s definitely one of my favorite players and one of my idols growing up watching him play. I think it would be great if a deal was made. He’d be welcomed here with open arms in this dressing room. If the deal’s made, we’d be more than happy to have him.”
Iginla would be a big boost to an already deep Boston Bruins’ team. That being said, the Bruins might balk at the Calgary Flames’ asking price. Boston has also been linked to several other top-six forwards.
Lucic, like the rest of us, will just have to wait and see what Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli does.
“It’s something you can’t control, so you whatever rumors that are out there are there,” said Lucic. “You’re just focusing on the games that you have to play. That’s the business side of it.
“We have a great management group here that takes care of those things and whatever deal they feel is good for the team they’re going to make.”
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 3
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 23
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 38
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)