Mar 27, 2013, 3:14 PM EDT
“For me growing up in Vancouver, I’ve gotten to see him play a lot,” Lucic, 24, told the Boston Herald.
“He’s definitely one of my favorite players and one of my idols growing up watching him play. I think it would be great if a deal was made. He’d be welcomed here with open arms in this dressing room. If the deal’s made, we’d be more than happy to have him.”
Iginla would be a big boost to an already deep Boston Bruins’ team. That being said, the Bruins might balk at the Calgary Flames’ asking price. Boston has also been linked to several other top-six forwards.
Lucic, like the rest of us, will just have to wait and see what Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli does.
“It’s something you can’t control, so you whatever rumors that are out there are there,” said Lucic. “You’re just focusing on the games that you have to play. That’s the business side of it.
“We have a great management group here that takes care of those things and whatever deal they feel is good for the team they’re going to make.”
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)