Mar 27, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins’ activated defenseman Kris Letang from the injured reserve list on Tuesday so he could participate in last night’s 1-0 victory over the Montreal Canadiens.
He logged 24:20 minutes in that contest, but after the game it was reported that Letang had suffered a broken toe and still wasn’t completely over his original lower-body problem.
Although the Pittsburgh Penguins haven’t provided a full update on Letang’s status, they have placed him back on the injured reserve list with what they’re calling a lower-body injury.
In other words, Letang will be out for at least one week.
The Penguins have also summoned 21-year-old blueliner Simon Despres, who has seven points and a plus-10 rating with Pittsburgh this season.
Meanwhile, recently acquired defenseman Douglas Murray should make his Penguins’ debut in the near future.
Goaltender Tomas Vokoun was already scheduled to get the nod on Thursday, but Fleury might serve as the backup. However, it’s worth emphasizing that Fleury’s evaluation isn’t complete.
Evgeni Malkin (shoulder) remains day-to-day.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)