Mar 27, 2013, 11:14 AM EST
Flyers coach Peter Laviolette had a simple message after Philadelphia lost a critical game against the New York Rangers: “The season is not over.”
While Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov doesn’t necessarily disagree with the bench boss, he didn’t sound like he was in much of a fighting mood after allowing five goals on 31 shots to the Rangers Tuesday night.
“They always just find a way to beat us,” Bryzgalov said in a CSN Philly report. “I don’t know why the reason, but they always find a way.
“I don’t know. It was a big game. We win tonight, we’re three points behind the Rangers. But now we’re seven points behind the Rangers. To be honest, I don’t know. I don’t have an answer.”
The Rangers currently hold the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference while the Philadelphia Flyers have tumbled to 14th place.
“I wish we [would] win one,” Bryzgalov said. “And two more the next game, but let’s start with the one. You know, not go farther than one.
“I don’t know, I don’t remember when we [won] last time. It was a long time ago. We need one win at least in the next game.”
The Flyers’ latest losing streak is three games, but because of a break in their schedule, they haven’t won in nearly two weeks.
They will play against the New York Islanders on Thursday and try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive.
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 45
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)