Mar 27, 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
Flyers coach Peter Laviolette had a simple message after Philadelphia lost a critical game against the New York Rangers: “The season is not over.”
While Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov doesn’t necessarily disagree with the bench boss, he didn’t sound like he was in much of a fighting mood after allowing five goals on 31 shots to the Rangers Tuesday night.
“They always just find a way to beat us,” Bryzgalov said in a CSN Philly report. “I don’t know why the reason, but they always find a way.
“I don’t know. It was a big game. We win tonight, we’re three points behind the Rangers. But now we’re seven points behind the Rangers. To be honest, I don’t know. I don’t have an answer.”
The Rangers currently hold the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference while the Philadelphia Flyers have tumbled to 14th place.
“I wish we [would] win one,” Bryzgalov said. “And two more the next game, but let’s start with the one. You know, not go farther than one.
“I don’t know, I don’t remember when we [won] last time. It was a long time ago. We need one win at least in the next game.”
The Flyers’ latest losing streak is three games, but because of a break in their schedule, they haven’t won in nearly two weeks.
They will play against the New York Islanders on Thursday and try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)