Mar 27, 2013, 11:14 AM EST
Flyers coach Peter Laviolette had a simple message after Philadelphia lost a critical game against the New York Rangers: “The season is not over.”
While Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov doesn’t necessarily disagree with the bench boss, he didn’t sound like he was in much of a fighting mood after allowing five goals on 31 shots to the Rangers Tuesday night.
“They always just find a way to beat us,” Bryzgalov said in a CSN Philly report. “I don’t know why the reason, but they always find a way.
“I don’t know. It was a big game. We win tonight, we’re three points behind the Rangers. But now we’re seven points behind the Rangers. To be honest, I don’t know. I don’t have an answer.”
The Rangers currently hold the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference while the Philadelphia Flyers have tumbled to 14th place.
“I wish we [would] win one,” Bryzgalov said. “And two more the next game, but let’s start with the one. You know, not go farther than one.
“I don’t know, I don’t remember when we [won] last time. It was a long time ago. We need one win at least in the next game.”
The Flyers’ latest losing streak is three games, but because of a break in their schedule, they haven’t won in nearly two weeks.
They will play against the New York Islanders on Thursday and try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive.
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 2
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 7
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)