Mar 27, 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
Flyers coach Peter Laviolette had a simple message after Philadelphia lost a critical game against the New York Rangers: “The season is not over.”
While Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov doesn’t necessarily disagree with the bench boss, he didn’t sound like he was in much of a fighting mood after allowing five goals on 31 shots to the Rangers Tuesday night.
“They always just find a way to beat us,” Bryzgalov said in a CSN Philly report. “I don’t know why the reason, but they always find a way.
“I don’t know. It was a big game. We win tonight, we’re three points behind the Rangers. But now we’re seven points behind the Rangers. To be honest, I don’t know. I don’t have an answer.”
The Rangers currently hold the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference while the Philadelphia Flyers have tumbled to 14th place.
“I wish we [would] win one,” Bryzgalov said. “And two more the next game, but let’s start with the one. You know, not go farther than one.
“I don’t know, I don’t remember when we [won] last time. It was a long time ago. We need one win at least in the next game.”
The Flyers’ latest losing streak is three games, but because of a break in their schedule, they haven’t won in nearly two weeks.
They will play against the New York Islanders on Thursday and try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive.
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 16
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)