Mar 27, 2013, 11:14 AM EDT
Flyers coach Peter Laviolette had a simple message after Philadelphia lost a critical game against the New York Rangers: “The season is not over.”
While Philadelphia Flyers goaltender Ilya Bryzgalov doesn’t necessarily disagree with the bench boss, he didn’t sound like he was in much of a fighting mood after allowing five goals on 31 shots to the Rangers Tuesday night.
“They always just find a way to beat us,” Bryzgalov said in a CSN Philly report. “I don’t know why the reason, but they always find a way.
“I don’t know. It was a big game. We win tonight, we’re three points behind the Rangers. But now we’re seven points behind the Rangers. To be honest, I don’t know. I don’t have an answer.”
The Rangers currently hold the eighth seed in the Eastern Conference while the Philadelphia Flyers have tumbled to 14th place.
“I wish we [would] win one,” Bryzgalov said. “And two more the next game, but let’s start with the one. You know, not go farther than one.
“I don’t know, I don’t remember when we [won] last time. It was a long time ago. We need one win at least in the next game.”
The Flyers’ latest losing streak is three games, but because of a break in their schedule, they haven’t won in nearly two weeks.
They will play against the New York Islanders on Thursday and try to keep their slim playoff hopes alive.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 3
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 28
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 12
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)