Mar 27, 2013, 8:30 PM EDT
The Columbus Blue Jackets’ momentum is being challenged by having six road games in their next seven, and it looks like Brandon Dubinsky isn’t going to be around to help for a while.
The Columbus Dispatch’s Aaron Portzline reports that Dubinsky (lower-body injury) won’t join the team for the rest of their current road trip (they’re in a middle of a four-game stretch).
One might say, “Who cares as long as they have Sergei Bobrovsky,” but Columbus has been a very different team on the road. The Blue Jackets are just 3-9-2 away from home; it’s telling that just one game in their 12-game point streak wasn’t in Columbus.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 4
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 30
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)