Mar 26, 2013, 10:22 PM EST
It’s one thing to say that NHL players should be required to wear visors, but it’s another to be the person who tells them they have to.
Some guys are willing to take that risk, just like they take many others in a dangerous sport. Wayne Simmonds was the latest player to take a puck to the face on Tuesday, but he returned quickly and scored a goal for the Philadelphia Flyers instead of missing any time:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Interestingly, the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno points out that Washington Capitals forward Mathieu Perreault was cut by his visor during Tuesday’s action. So, again, there are dangers whether you wear one or not.
The New York Rangers ended up winning 5-2 against the Flyers on Tuesday, by the way.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)