Mar 26, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
It’s one thing to say that NHL players should be required to wear visors, but it’s another to be the person who tells them they have to.
Some guys are willing to take that risk, just like they take many others in a dangerous sport. Wayne Simmonds was the latest player to take a puck to the face on Tuesday, but he returned quickly and scored a goal for the Philadelphia Flyers instead of missing any time:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Interestingly, the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno points out that Washington Capitals forward Mathieu Perreault was cut by his visor during Tuesday’s action. So, again, there are dangers whether you wear one or not.
The New York Rangers ended up winning 5-2 against the Flyers on Tuesday, by the way.
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 0
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 13
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 18
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 15
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 50
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 47
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35