Mar 26, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
It’s one thing to say that NHL players should be required to wear visors, but it’s another to be the person who tells them they have to.
Some guys are willing to take that risk, just like they take many others in a dangerous sport. Wayne Simmonds was the latest player to take a puck to the face on Tuesday, but he returned quickly and scored a goal for the Philadelphia Flyers instead of missing any time:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Interestingly, the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno points out that Washington Capitals forward Mathieu Perreault was cut by his visor during Tuesday’s action. So, again, there are dangers whether you wear one or not.
The New York Rangers ended up winning 5-2 against the Flyers on Tuesday, by the way.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63