Mar 26, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
It’s one thing to say that NHL players should be required to wear visors, but it’s another to be the person who tells them they have to.
Some guys are willing to take that risk, just like they take many others in a dangerous sport. Wayne Simmonds was the latest player to take a puck to the face on Tuesday, but he returned quickly and scored a goal for the Philadelphia Flyers instead of missing any time:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Interestingly, the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno points out that Washington Capitals forward Mathieu Perreault was cut by his visor during Tuesday’s action. So, again, there are dangers whether you wear one or not.
The New York Rangers ended up winning 5-2 against the Flyers on Tuesday, by the way.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 69
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 32
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (92)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (72)