Mar 26, 2013, 10:22 PM EDT
It’s one thing to say that NHL players should be required to wear visors, but it’s another to be the person who tells them they have to.
Some guys are willing to take that risk, just like they take many others in a dangerous sport. Wayne Simmonds was the latest player to take a puck to the face on Tuesday, but he returned quickly and scored a goal for the Philadelphia Flyers instead of missing any time:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Interestingly, the Washington Times’ Stephen Whyno points out that Washington Capitals forward Mathieu Perreault was cut by his visor during Tuesday’s action. So, again, there are dangers whether you wear one or not.
The New York Rangers ended up winning 5-2 against the Flyers on Tuesday, by the way.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 21
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 11
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54