Mar 26, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
Most of the numbers haven’t been very positive for the New York Rangers lately. They’ve gone 3-5-1 in their last nine games. Expensive center Brad Richards began Tuesday night centering the team’s third line. The Rangers are clinging to a one-point lead for the eighth spot in the East.
Rick Nash‘s numbers have been pretty nice, though. He scored his 11th goal of the season, which happened to push his career total to 300 (in 702 games played):This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
One other potentially positive number: if the Rangers hold on to win on Tuesday, John Tortorella will have 400 wins as an NHL head coach.
The Philadelphia Flyers celebrated what might have been the most impressive number of the night, however, as Kimmo Timonen played in the 1,000th regular season game of his NHL career.
Update: the Bergen Record’s Andrew Gross points out some other milestones:
Also on milestone list is Brad Richards’ 800th point and 250th goal, Rick Nash’s 300th goal, Stepan’s career-high four points.
— Andrew Gross (@AGrossRecord) March 27, 2013
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 36
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 8
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 9
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 32
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Stayin’ Alive: Canucks stage comeback of their own, send series back to Calgary 5
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 76
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)