Mar 26, 2013, 9:33 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins have augmented their roster with two substantial trades, but now they might need to wonder about their situation in net after Marc-Andre Fleury was hurt thanks to this collision:
As you can see from the video, Brian Gionta pushed Tyler Kennedy into Fleury. It wasn’t the usual high-speed blow that often beguiles netminders; instead, it seemed like the 28-year-old took an awkward spill.
Tomas Vokoun spelled Fleury in the third period.
The Penguins made a significant investment in the 36-year-old as a $2 million-per-year backup. If Fleury is seriously hurt, they’ll need the Czech-born goalie to come up big … unless Ray Shero has even more up his sleeves.
(H/T to SBNation.)
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 19
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11