Mar 26, 2013, 9:33 PM EST
The Pittsburgh Penguins have augmented their roster with two substantial trades, but now they might need to wonder about their situation in net after Marc-Andre Fleury was hurt thanks to this collision:
As you can see from the video, Brian Gionta pushed Tyler Kennedy into Fleury. It wasn’t the usual high-speed blow that often beguiles netminders; instead, it seemed like the 28-year-old took an awkward spill.
Tomas Vokoun spelled Fleury in the third period.
The Penguins made a significant investment in the 36-year-old as a $2 million-per-year backup. If Fleury is seriously hurt, they’ll need the Czech-born goalie to come up big … unless Ray Shero has even more up his sleeves.
(H/T to SBNation.)
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 42
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)