Mar 26, 2013, 9:33 PM EDT
The Pittsburgh Penguins have augmented their roster with two substantial trades, but now they might need to wonder about their situation in net after Marc-Andre Fleury was hurt thanks to this collision:
As you can see from the video, Brian Gionta pushed Tyler Kennedy into Fleury. It wasn’t the usual high-speed blow that often beguiles netminders; instead, it seemed like the 28-year-old took an awkward spill.
Tomas Vokoun spelled Fleury in the third period.
The Penguins made a significant investment in the 36-year-old as a $2 million-per-year backup. If Fleury is seriously hurt, they’ll need the Czech-born goalie to come up big … unless Ray Shero has even more up his sleeves.
(H/T to SBNation.)
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 14
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 22
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 14
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)