Mar 26, 2013, 9:00 AM EDT
Going into Tuesday’s game against the Toronto Maple Leafs, Milan Lucic had gone 15 straight games without a goal. That’s a huge cold streak for one of the Boston Bruins’ most valuable forwards.
“It was starting to get really frustrating going as long as I did without a goal,” said Lucic in a Boston Herald report.
The 24-year-old scored 56 goals over his previous two campaigns, but had just four goals and 17 points in 29 contests this season when the Bruins knocked him down to the third line during Sunday’s practice.
“You try so many different things,” said Lucic. “You start pushing and pushing, and when things don’t work you start second-guessing yourself. . . . You try not to be frustrated. You try not to let your frustrations weigh on your teammates. You try to remain positive.
“It was definitely coming to a point where that was hard to do.”
Well, that slump is over now. With his team down 2-0 midway through the second period, Lucic showed off his speed and then beat Leafs goaltender James Reimer one-on-one.
You can watch Lucic’s goal below:
That goal marked a turning point in Monday’s game. Boston went on to earn a 3-2 shootout victory over Toronto.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:27 PM EDT
Detroit’s creating an opportunity for one of its young forwards.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:06 PM EDT
Arizona is getting back its former center.
Jun 30, 2015, 8:04 PM EDT
He’s set to become a restricted free agent on Wednesday.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:36 PM EDT
He hasn’t been charged with a crime, but is reportedly being investigated.
Jun 30, 2015, 7:20 PM EDT
Its reportedly a one-way deal worth $800,000.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:50 PM EDT
The forward was a part of a seven-player trade on Tuesday.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:37 PM EDT
Won NHL’s coach of the year in 2013 with Ottawa.
Jun 30, 2015, 6:07 PM EDT
Where he’ll be reunited with former teammate Ryan Kesler.
Jun 30, 2015, 5:45 PM EDT
Calgary’s GM responded to comments in a Boston Herald story regarding defenseman Dougie Hamilton.
Jun 30, 2015, 5:25 PM EDT
A total of seven players involved in Tuesday’s trade.
Jun 30, 2015, 3:54 PM EDT
RFA defenseman appeared in a career-high 76 games last year.
Jun 30, 2015, 3:39 PM EDT
Rangers and Bruins let their respective rearguards walk, thereby deepening the free agent pool.
Jun 30, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
So says his agent.
Jun 30, 2015, 2:41 PM EDT
Jun 30, 2015, 2:04 PM EDT
Cap hit around $5.75 million.
Jun 30, 2015, 1:31 PM EDT
Former first-round pick is relieved after a “stressful” last few days.
Jun 30, 2015, 1:30 PM EDT
Who might be interested?
Jun 30, 2015, 1:14 PM EDT
Former Buffalo forward had three points in six playoff games for Montreal.
Jun 30, 2015, 1:07 PM EDT
Don Sweeney. Busy man.
Jun 30, 2015, 12:15 PM EDT
33-year-old had 14 goals and 38 points last year.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 12
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 16
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 77
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 17
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (77)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)