Mar 26, 2013, 1:17 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins avoided losing back-to-back games to the Toronto Maple Leafs, thanks to a 3-2 shootout win Monday.
Patrice Bergeron scored the winner in the skills competition, and the Bruins were able to keep pace with the Montreal Canadiens for the Northeast Division. The Canadiens and Bruins both have 45 points.
The Bruins are still second in the division, and fourth in the Eastern Conference, because the Canadiens hold the tiebreaker, which right now is regulation-overtime wins.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18