Mar 26, 2013, 1:17 AM EST
The Boston Bruins avoided losing back-to-back games to the Toronto Maple Leafs, thanks to a 3-2 shootout win Monday.
Patrice Bergeron scored the winner in the skills competition, and the Bruins were able to keep pace with the Montreal Canadiens for the Northeast Division. The Canadiens and Bruins both have 45 points.
The Bruins are still second in the division, and fourth in the Eastern Conference, because the Canadiens hold the tiebreaker, which right now is regulation-overtime wins.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 56
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 34
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)