Mar 26, 2013, 1:17 AM EDT
The Boston Bruins avoided losing back-to-back games to the Toronto Maple Leafs, thanks to a 3-2 shootout win Monday.
Patrice Bergeron scored the winner in the skills competition, and the Bruins were able to keep pace with the Montreal Canadiens for the Northeast Division. The Canadiens and Bruins both have 45 points.
The Bruins are still second in the division, and fourth in the Eastern Conference, because the Canadiens hold the tiebreaker, which right now is regulation-overtime wins.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39