Mar 26, 2013, 1:17 AM EST
The Boston Bruins avoided losing back-to-back games to the Toronto Maple Leafs, thanks to a 3-2 shootout win Monday.
Patrice Bergeron scored the winner in the skills competition, and the Bruins were able to keep pace with the Montreal Canadiens for the Northeast Division. The Canadiens and Bruins both have 45 points.
The Bruins are still second in the division, and fourth in the Eastern Conference, because the Canadiens hold the tiebreaker, which right now is regulation-overtime wins.
- Devils fire DeBoer 5
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 1
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 8
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)