Mar 26, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
The NHL’s trade deadline is Wednesday, April 3. Following is a player that may be moved. For more “Trade Bait,” click here.
If there’s one thing the New York Islanders do exceeding well, it’s polishing diamonds in the rough. Brad Boyes can be considered one such example after his disappointing campaign with the Buffalo Sabres last season.
He inked a one-year, $1 million deal with the Islanders and was given a chance to play on the top line with John Tavares and Matt Moulson. Boyes has rewarded them with eight goals and 27 points in 32 games this season.
Some might argue that it’s playing on such an enviable line that has sparked 30-year-old forward’s comeback, but by the same logic, his struggles last season could be blamed on the fact the Sabres gave him just 13:10 minutes of ice time per game. Either way, Boyes has put up star-caliber numbers in the past, so if the Islanders start shopping him, they’re likely to find plenty of interested parties.
At the same time, it looks like the Islanders’ first choice would be to keep Boyes. They’re still very much in the playoff race and are attempting to re-sign him, according to Newsday’s Arthur Staple.
Still, trading Boyes might be Plan B if the Islanders don’t feel good about their chances of re-signing him.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)