Mar 26, 2013, 1:41 PM EST
The NHL’s trade deadline is Wednesday, April 3. Following is a player that may be moved. For more “Trade Bait,” click here.
If there’s one thing the New York Islanders do exceeding well, it’s polishing diamonds in the rough. Brad Boyes can be considered one such example after his disappointing campaign with the Buffalo Sabres last season.
He inked a one-year, $1 million deal with the Islanders and was given a chance to play on the top line with John Tavares and Matt Moulson. Boyes has rewarded them with eight goals and 27 points in 32 games this season.
Some might argue that it’s playing on such an enviable line that has sparked 30-year-old forward’s comeback, but by the same logic, his struggles last season could be blamed on the fact the Sabres gave him just 13:10 minutes of ice time per game. Either way, Boyes has put up star-caliber numbers in the past, so if the Islanders start shopping him, they’re likely to find plenty of interested parties.
At the same time, it looks like the Islanders’ first choice would be to keep Boyes. They’re still very much in the playoff race and are attempting to re-sign him, according to Newsday’s Arthur Staple.
Still, trading Boyes might be Plan B if the Islanders don’t feel good about their chances of re-signing him.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 73
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (144)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (73)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)