Mar 26, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
The beginning of Thomas Vanek‘s 2013 season was brilliant. It’s looking like the middle will just be labeled black-and-blue.
A week after getting hurt in a contest versus the Montreal Canadiens, the 29-year-old winger was forced out of Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning with an upper-body injury, according to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
This marks the third time he’s been banged up in the month of March.
Even with all of those bumps and bruises, Vanek’s still had a fantastic season, collecting 33 points in 29 games. If his injury isn’t too significant, he should have outstanding trade value (if the Buffalo Sabres are willing to listen to offers).
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 7
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 7
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 19
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)