Mar 26, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
The beginning of Thomas Vanek‘s 2013 season was brilliant. It’s looking like the middle will just be labeled black-and-blue.
A week after getting hurt in a contest versus the Montreal Canadiens, the 29-year-old winger was forced out of Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning with an upper-body injury, according to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
This marks the third time he’s been banged up in the month of March.
Even with all of those bumps and bruises, Vanek’s still had a fantastic season, collecting 33 points in 29 games. If his injury isn’t too significant, he should have outstanding trade value (if the Buffalo Sabres are willing to listen to offers).
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 0
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 23
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (56)