Mar 26, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
The beginning of Thomas Vanek‘s 2013 season was brilliant. It’s looking like the middle will just be labeled black-and-blue.
A week after getting hurt in a contest versus the Montreal Canadiens, the 29-year-old winger was forced out of Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning with an upper-body injury, according to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
This marks the third time he’s been banged up in the month of March.
Even with all of those bumps and bruises, Vanek’s still had a fantastic season, collecting 33 points in 29 games. If his injury isn’t too significant, he should have outstanding trade value (if the Buffalo Sabres are willing to listen to offers).
- Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 0
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3