Mar 26, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
The beginning of Thomas Vanek‘s 2013 season was brilliant. It’s looking like the middle will just be labeled black-and-blue.
A week after getting hurt in a contest versus the Montreal Canadiens, the 29-year-old winger was forced out of Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning with an upper-body injury, according to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
This marks the third time he’s been banged up in the month of March.
Even with all of those bumps and bruises, Vanek’s still had a fantastic season, collecting 33 points in 29 games. If his injury isn’t too significant, he should have outstanding trade value (if the Buffalo Sabres are willing to listen to offers).
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)