Mar 26, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
The beginning of Thomas Vanek‘s 2013 season was brilliant. It’s looking like the middle will just be labeled black-and-blue.
A week after getting hurt in a contest versus the Montreal Canadiens, the 29-year-old winger was forced out of Tuesday’s 2-1 loss to the Tampa Bay Lightning with an upper-body injury, according to Mike Harrington of the Buffalo News.
This marks the third time he’s been banged up in the month of March.
Even with all of those bumps and bruises, Vanek’s still had a fantastic season, collecting 33 points in 29 games. If his injury isn’t too significant, he should have outstanding trade value (if the Buffalo Sabres are willing to listen to offers).
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 27
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 26
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)