Mar 26, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
The younger Morrow, just 20 years old, had 15 points in 57 games with AHL Wilkes-Barre/Scranton prior to the trade.
Morrow was taken 23rd overall in the 2011 draft and, like many prospects, has struggled to find his game in the pros. He was a healthy scratch a number of times for the Baby Pens, reportedly due to his defensive play.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 32
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10