Mar 26, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
With Danny Briere out indefinitely with a concussion, the Flyers have called up 22-year-old forward Tye McGinn from AHL Adirondack.
Granted, McGinn has had the assignment before.
“I was lucky enough to get [three] games on the top line my last stint here,” said McGinn, per CSNPhilly.com. “They’re great players. They help me out a lot. Just go out and play my game.
“I played a few games this season already with the Flyers and that definitely helps out with the confidence. Just trying to jump back where I left off.”
The Flyers will be hoping it’s a combination that works, given they’re in desperate need of a win. A regulation loss would drop them seven points back of a playoff spot and would leave them just 16 games to make up the difference.
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 16
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 14
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 27
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 60
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (60)