Mar 26, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
With Danny Briere out indefinitely with a concussion, the Flyers have called up 22-year-old forward Tye McGinn from AHL Adirondack.
Granted, McGinn has had the assignment before.
“I was lucky enough to get [three] games on the top line my last stint here,” said McGinn, per CSNPhilly.com. “They’re great players. They help me out a lot. Just go out and play my game.
“I played a few games this season already with the Flyers and that definitely helps out with the confidence. Just trying to jump back where I left off.”
The Flyers will be hoping it’s a combination that works, given they’re in desperate need of a win. A regulation loss would drop them seven points back of a playoff spot and would leave them just 16 games to make up the difference.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)