Mar 26, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
With Danny Briere out indefinitely with a concussion, the Flyers have called up 22-year-old forward Tye McGinn from AHL Adirondack.
Granted, McGinn has had the assignment before.
“I was lucky enough to get [three] games on the top line my last stint here,” said McGinn, per CSNPhilly.com. “They’re great players. They help me out a lot. Just go out and play my game.
“I played a few games this season already with the Flyers and that definitely helps out with the confidence. Just trying to jump back where I left off.”
The Flyers will be hoping it’s a combination that works, given they’re in desperate need of a win. A regulation loss would drop them seven points back of a playoff spot and would leave them just 16 games to make up the difference.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)