Mar 26, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
With Danny Briere out indefinitely with a concussion, the Flyers have called up 22-year-old forward Tye McGinn from AHL Adirondack.
Granted, McGinn has had the assignment before.
“I was lucky enough to get [three] games on the top line my last stint here,” said McGinn, per CSNPhilly.com. “They’re great players. They help me out a lot. Just go out and play my game.
“I played a few games this season already with the Flyers and that definitely helps out with the confidence. Just trying to jump back where I left off.”
The Flyers will be hoping it’s a combination that works, given they’re in desperate need of a win. A regulation loss would drop them seven points back of a playoff spot and would leave them just 16 games to make up the difference.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)