Mar 26, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Jagr has 14 goals and 11 assists in 31 games — those 25 points a team high. The 41-year-old’s current, one-year deal pays him $4.55 million.
Of course, Jagr also gives Dallas general manager Joe Nieuwendyk a potential trade chip to play prior to the April 3 deadline. According to CapGeek, Jagr doesn’t have a no-trade clause.
Dallas fell to 10th in the Western Conference with last night’s 7-4 loss to Minnesota, but the Stars are still only a point out of a playoff spot. They have three games remaining before Wednesday’s deadline (all of them against Anaheim).
The Boston Bruins are one team that’s reportedly looking at Jagr.
Dallas blog Defending Big D has also been told the Stars and Jagr are working on a contract extension.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 2
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (74)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)