Mar 26, 2013, 11:38 AM EDT
Jagr has 14 goals and 11 assists in 31 games — those 25 points a team high. The 41-year-old’s current, one-year deal pays him $4.55 million.
Of course, Jagr also gives Dallas general manager Joe Nieuwendyk a potential trade chip to play prior to the April 3 deadline. According to CapGeek, Jagr doesn’t have a no-trade clause.
Dallas fell to 10th in the Western Conference with last night’s 7-4 loss to Minnesota, but the Stars are still only a point out of a playoff spot. They have three games remaining before Wednesday’s deadline (all of them against Anaheim).
The Boston Bruins are one team that’s reportedly looking at Jagr.
Dallas blog Defending Big D has also been told the Stars and Jagr are working on a contract extension.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 40
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 32
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 65
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22