Mar 26, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Jagr has 14 goals and 11 assists in 31 games — those 25 points a team high. The 41-year-old’s current, one-year deal pays him $4.55 million.
Of course, Jagr also gives Dallas general manager Joe Nieuwendyk a potential trade chip to play prior to the April 3 deadline. According to CapGeek, Jagr doesn’t have a no-trade clause.
Dallas fell to 10th in the Western Conference with last night’s 7-4 loss to Minnesota, but the Stars are still only a point out of a playoff spot. They have three games remaining before Wednesday’s deadline (all of them against Anaheim).
The Boston Bruins are one team that’s reportedly looking at Jagr.
Dallas blog Defending Big D has also been told the Stars and Jagr are working on a contract extension.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 8
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 82
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (183)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)