Mar 26, 2013, 11:38 AM EST
Jagr has 14 goals and 11 assists in 31 games — those 25 points a team high. The 41-year-old’s current, one-year deal pays him $4.55 million.
Of course, Jagr also gives Dallas general manager Joe Nieuwendyk a potential trade chip to play prior to the April 3 deadline. According to CapGeek, Jagr doesn’t have a no-trade clause.
Dallas fell to 10th in the Western Conference with last night’s 7-4 loss to Minnesota, but the Stars are still only a point out of a playoff spot. They have three games remaining before Wednesday’s deadline (all of them against Anaheim).
The Boston Bruins are one team that’s reportedly looking at Jagr.
Dallas blog Defending Big D has also been told the Stars and Jagr are working on a contract extension.
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 41
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 117
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 23
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 32
- Cannonball Run…and gun: Team Toews wins highest-scoring game in ASG history 27
- Supercut: Every goal from the highest-scoring period in All-Star Game history 7
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 4
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (121)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)