Mar 26, 2013, 11:36 PM EDT
Surely you haven’t heard enough about Jarome Iginla, right? Well, the latest update from QMI Agency is that at least one anonymous front office member from an NHL team believes that the Boston Bruins are currently in the lead in the Iggy sweepstakes:
“I think the Bruins are the front runners right now,” That anonymous source said. “With what the (Pittsburgh) Penguins did the last couple of days, they’re motivated.”
The price tag is the even bigger question, however.
While some onlookers believe that the Calgary Flames are asking for a promising young goaltender, the Bruins’ willingness to move 2012 first-rounder Malcolm Subban is up for debate. QMI’s report indicates they’d be willing to do so, yet Sportsnet’s Mark Spector indicates the opposite.
(Spector described Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli as “flatly refusing” such an idea.)
If the Bruins balk, Spector points to the Los Angeles Kings as a logical destination. They’d be asked to part with backup Jonathan Bernier and possibly a first-round pick in that scenario, at least at Calgary’s current price.
Also in the mix if the Flames settle for a vaguer goal of prospects and picks are the Chicago Blackhawks (though they’re unwilling to move a guy like Brandon Saad) and the Pittsburgh Penguins (at least they might be involved enough to try to drive the price up on Boston, according to Spector).
There’s always the chance Iginla, 35, could stay with the Flames, but the next week has the potential to be an entertaining ride.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:01 PM EDT
“You definitely want to be physical on him.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:41 PM EDT
Game 1 gets underway at Scottrade at 8 p.m. ET (on NBCSN).
Apr 17, 2014, 11:57 AM EDT
Classic rivalry will get underway tonight at Scottrade.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:50 AM EDT
Even though they’re not really underdogs.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:44 AM EDT
Apr 17, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Both teams bounced back from bad starts to make the playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:02 AM EDT
Matt Duchene is already on the shelf.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:33 AM EDT
Apr 17, 2014, 9:53 AM EDT
It’s a motivation thing.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:25 AM EDT
He had eight points in 19 games with New York.
Apr 17, 2014, 8:25 AM EDT
New York, St. Louis, Denver, and San Jose is where it’s at tonight.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
A Tyler Seguin bullet, no less.
Apr 17, 2014, 1:08 AM EDT
A tale of two games, really.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:52 AM EDT
“We did it time and time again.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:26 AM EDT
“It’s one that got by him.”
Apr 17, 2014, 12:03 AM EDT
The trio was big in Wednesday’s Game 1 victory over the Jackets.
Apr 16, 2014, 11:23 PM EDT
It’s bad enough to inspire Jon Cooper’s pity, though.
Apr 16, 2014, 10:59 PM EDT
“We aren’t here just to go to school. We’re here to win.”
Apr 16, 2014, 10:41 PM EDT
After all that star power in regulation …
Apr 16, 2014, 10:22 PM EDT
Pittsburgh scores three unanswered goals to win.
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 0
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 59
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 (59)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)