Mar 26, 2013, 11:36 PM EST
Surely you haven’t heard enough about Jarome Iginla, right? Well, the latest update from QMI Agency is that at least one anonymous front office member from an NHL team believes that the Boston Bruins are currently in the lead in the Iggy sweepstakes:
“I think the Bruins are the front runners right now,” That anonymous source said. “With what the (Pittsburgh) Penguins did the last couple of days, they’re motivated.”
The price tag is the even bigger question, however.
While some onlookers believe that the Calgary Flames are asking for a promising young goaltender, the Bruins’ willingness to move 2012 first-rounder Malcolm Subban is up for debate. QMI’s report indicates they’d be willing to do so, yet Sportsnet’s Mark Spector indicates the opposite.
(Spector described Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli as “flatly refusing” such an idea.)
If the Bruins balk, Spector points to the Los Angeles Kings as a logical destination. They’d be asked to part with backup Jonathan Bernier and possibly a first-round pick in that scenario, at least at Calgary’s current price.
Also in the mix if the Flames settle for a vaguer goal of prospects and picks are the Chicago Blackhawks (though they’re unwilling to move a guy like Brandon Saad) and the Pittsburgh Penguins (at least they might be involved enough to try to drive the price up on Boston, according to Spector).
There’s always the chance Iginla, 35, could stay with the Flames, but the next week has the potential to be an entertaining ride.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:31 PM EST
Some exciting moments from Ducks – Coyotes.
Mar 3, 2015, 11:02 PM EST
The frequent Islanders hitter has two long-ago suspensions.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:40 PM EST
A truly weird scene for Florida’s goalies.
Mar 3, 2015, 10:17 PM EST
Easy, if uninspired, win for Tampa Bay.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:39 PM EST
He fought Marcus Foligno on Tuesday.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:24 PM EST
Tough start to Tuesday for goalies.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:18 PM EST
Montoya is currently trying to gut it out.
Mar 3, 2015, 9:06 PM EST
A contentious game in Columbus.
Mar 3, 2015, 8:16 PM EST
They traded for him on Monday.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:55 PM EST
Vancouver faces San Jose tonight.
Mar 3, 2015, 7:29 PM EST
He says he’s happy to be in New Jersey.
Mar 3, 2015, 6:29 PM EST
Could we see an upset or a blowout?
Mar 3, 2015, 5:33 PM EST
Incident occurred during TSN’s trade deadline day coverage.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:41 PM EST
Recapping the trade deadline.
Mar 3, 2015, 4:38 PM EST
“Shane’s a pro, he’ll get through it.”
Mar 3, 2015, 3:58 PM EST
Flames captain was holding out hope for a “tiny chance” he could keep playing.
Mar 3, 2015, 3:25 PM EST
Making it “pretty cool to be a part of.”
Mar 3, 2015, 2:17 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Mar 3, 2015, 2:16 PM EST
He didn’t sign with them to lose.
Mar 3, 2015, 1:32 PM EST
Ex-Dallas winger could open up playing alongside the Detroit captain.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)