Mar 26, 2013, 12:07 PM EST
In a not-so-subtle jab at former Bruins goalie Tim Thomas, Kings forward Dustin Penner had some fun on Twitter this morning prior to his Stanley Cup-winning team’s visit to the White House later today…
After careful consideration I’ve decided not to visit the White House today for political reasons LOL JK I’m not an idiot!Free trip? I’m in!
— Dustin Penner (@Dustinpenner25) March 26, 2013
As for today’s activities, the Kings, along with the MLS champion Galaxy, will first be honored by President Barack Obama. The players will then move to the South Lawn, where they’ll partake in an exercise clinic for kids — all part of first lady Michelle Obama’s effort to reduce childhood obesity.
Oh, and there might actually be some politics discussed, as Kings coach Darryl Sutter has indicated he’d like to voice his support for the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline project.
“I’m gonna ask him about it – damn rights I am,” Sutter told the Globe and Mail.
“It’s 20 feet underground. How can we not want to keep North America [energy self-sufficient]? Why does the border have to separate that? It doesn’t make sense. For sure, I’m going to ask him.”
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 3
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 25
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)