Mar 26, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
In a not-so-subtle jab at former Bruins goalie Tim Thomas, Kings forward Dustin Penner had some fun on Twitter this morning prior to his Stanley Cup-winning team’s visit to the White House later today…
After careful consideration I’ve decided not to visit the White House today for political reasons LOL JK I’m not an idiot!Free trip? I’m in!
— Dustin Penner (@Dustinpenner25) March 26, 2013
As for today’s activities, the Kings, along with the MLS champion Galaxy, will first be honored by President Barack Obama. The players will then move to the South Lawn, where they’ll partake in an exercise clinic for kids — all part of first lady Michelle Obama’s effort to reduce childhood obesity.
Oh, and there might actually be some politics discussed, as Kings coach Darryl Sutter has indicated he’d like to voice his support for the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline project.
“I’m gonna ask him about it – damn rights I am,” Sutter told the Globe and Mail.
“It’s 20 feet underground. How can we not want to keep North America [energy self-sufficient]? Why does the border have to separate that? It doesn’t make sense. For sure, I’m going to ask him.”
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 2
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 64
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 34
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 85
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 24
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (85)