Mar 26, 2013, 12:07 PM EDT
In a not-so-subtle jab at former Bruins goalie Tim Thomas, Kings forward Dustin Penner had some fun on Twitter this morning prior to his Stanley Cup-winning team’s visit to the White House later today…
After careful consideration I’ve decided not to visit the White House today for political reasons LOL JK I’m not an idiot!Free trip? I’m in!
— Dustin Penner (@Dustinpenner25) March 26, 2013
As for today’s activities, the Kings, along with the MLS champion Galaxy, will first be honored by President Barack Obama. The players will then move to the South Lawn, where they’ll partake in an exercise clinic for kids — all part of first lady Michelle Obama’s effort to reduce childhood obesity.
Oh, and there might actually be some politics discussed, as Kings coach Darryl Sutter has indicated he’d like to voice his support for the controversial Keystone XL oil pipeline project.
“I’m gonna ask him about it – damn rights I am,” Sutter told the Globe and Mail.
“It’s 20 feet underground. How can we not want to keep North America [energy self-sufficient]? Why does the border have to separate that? It doesn’t make sense. For sure, I’m going to ask him.”
- Tortorella calls meltdown ‘a kick in the teeth’ 0
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 7
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 35
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)