Mar 26, 2013, 2:12 AM EST
Michael Frolik woke up Monday with one goal in 28 games for the Chicago Blackhawks this season. That goal came back on Jan. 19 – the season opener against the L.A. Kings.
On Monday, he scored twice against the same opponent. So, it would seem like a good night for the struggling winger. Didn’t turn out that way.
“It kind of sucks,” Frolik told CSN Chicago. “(Less than) two minutes left and we give up a goal off the face off. It was a tough bounce and it hurts. It’s nice to get the monkey off your back; I didn’t score in a while. But I’d be happier if we’d won the game.”
Regulation losses have been rare for Chicago. The Blackhawks have a record of 24-4-3, and their 51 points has them at the top of the Western Conference standings.
The Blackhawks went the first 24 games of the season without a regulation loss but have dropped two in a row, including last week’s defeat at the hands of the Anaheim Ducks in a game that featured the two best teams in the West.
“Tough loss for sure. We haven’t really gone through this before where we’ve kind of struggled a little bit,” Patrick Kane told the Chicago Tribune.
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 39
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 14
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Can battered, slumping Stars rise above Blackhawks? 8
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (39)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (33)