Mar 26, 2013, 2:12 AM EST
Michael Frolik woke up Monday with one goal in 28 games for the Chicago Blackhawks this season. That goal came back on Jan. 19 – the season opener against the L.A. Kings.
On Monday, he scored twice against the same opponent. So, it would seem like a good night for the struggling winger. Didn’t turn out that way.
“It kind of sucks,” Frolik told CSN Chicago. “(Less than) two minutes left and we give up a goal off the face off. It was a tough bounce and it hurts. It’s nice to get the monkey off your back; I didn’t score in a while. But I’d be happier if we’d won the game.”
Regulation losses have been rare for Chicago. The Blackhawks have a record of 24-4-3, and their 51 points has them at the top of the Western Conference standings.
The Blackhawks went the first 24 games of the season without a regulation loss but have dropped two in a row, including last week’s defeat at the hands of the Anaheim Ducks in a game that featured the two best teams in the West.
“Tough loss for sure. We haven’t really gone through this before where we’ve kind of struggled a little bit,” Patrick Kane told the Chicago Tribune.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 0
- Thomas forced into Stars debut after Wild’s Haula bloodies Lehtonen 4
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 9
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)