Mar 26, 2013, 2:12 AM EDT
Michael Frolik woke up Monday with one goal in 28 games for the Chicago Blackhawks this season. That goal came back on Jan. 19 – the season opener against the L.A. Kings.
On Monday, he scored twice against the same opponent. So, it would seem like a good night for the struggling winger. Didn’t turn out that way.
“It kind of sucks,” Frolik told CSN Chicago. “(Less than) two minutes left and we give up a goal off the face off. It was a tough bounce and it hurts. It’s nice to get the monkey off your back; I didn’t score in a while. But I’d be happier if we’d won the game.”
Regulation losses have been rare for Chicago. The Blackhawks have a record of 24-4-3, and their 51 points has them at the top of the Western Conference standings.
The Blackhawks went the first 24 games of the season without a regulation loss but have dropped two in a row, including last week’s defeat at the hands of the Anaheim Ducks in a game that featured the two best teams in the West.
“Tough loss for sure. We haven’t really gone through this before where we’ve kind of struggled a little bit,” Patrick Kane told the Chicago Tribune.
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 0
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 32
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)