Mar 26, 2013, 2:12 AM EST
Michael Frolik woke up Monday with one goal in 28 games for the Chicago Blackhawks this season. That goal came back on Jan. 19 – the season opener against the L.A. Kings.
On Monday, he scored twice against the same opponent. So, it would seem like a good night for the struggling winger. Didn’t turn out that way.
“It kind of sucks,” Frolik told CSN Chicago. “(Less than) two minutes left and we give up a goal off the face off. It was a tough bounce and it hurts. It’s nice to get the monkey off your back; I didn’t score in a while. But I’d be happier if we’d won the game.”
Regulation losses have been rare for Chicago. The Blackhawks have a record of 24-4-3, and their 51 points has them at the top of the Western Conference standings.
The Blackhawks went the first 24 games of the season without a regulation loss but have dropped two in a row, including last week’s defeat at the hands of the Anaheim Ducks in a game that featured the two best teams in the West.
“Tough loss for sure. We haven’t really gone through this before where we’ve kind of struggled a little bit,” Patrick Kane told the Chicago Tribune.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)