Mar 26, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
The last thing the fading Phoenix Coyotes need is for goalie Mike Smith‘s upper-body injury to be worse than initially expected. Some might panic, then, to see that he’s been listed on the injured reserve.
Still, the team likely placed him on the IR retroactive to when he was injured (March 21), so they have flexibility to bring him back in the near future if his health improves.
The Coyotes have been pretty coy about the specifics of his injury – especially the severity – though.
While Smith, 31, was in the net for four of those losses (0-3-1), it still must be worrisome that the Coyotes are without him during a six-game skid. They’re currently ranked 12th in the West with 30 standings points.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)