Mar 26, 2013, 6:31 PM EST
The last thing the fading Phoenix Coyotes need is for goalie Mike Smith‘s upper-body injury to be worse than initially expected. Some might panic, then, to see that he’s been listed on the injured reserve.
Still, the team likely placed him on the IR retroactive to when he was injured (March 21), so they have flexibility to bring him back in the near future if his health improves.
The Coyotes have been pretty coy about the specifics of his injury – especially the severity – though.
While Smith, 31, was in the net for four of those losses (0-3-1), it still must be worrisome that the Coyotes are without him during a six-game skid. They’re currently ranked 12th in the West with 30 standings points.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 58
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)