Mar 26, 2013, 6:31 PM EDT
The last thing the fading Phoenix Coyotes need is for goalie Mike Smith‘s upper-body injury to be worse than initially expected. Some might panic, then, to see that he’s been listed on the injured reserve.
Still, the team likely placed him on the IR retroactive to when he was injured (March 21), so they have flexibility to bring him back in the near future if his health improves.
The Coyotes have been pretty coy about the specifics of his injury – especially the severity – though.
While Smith, 31, was in the net for four of those losses (0-3-1), it still must be worrisome that the Coyotes are without him during a six-game skid. They’re currently ranked 12th in the West with 30 standings points.
(H/T to Rotoworld)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5