Mar 26, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
One of the NHL’s hottest goalies will start again tonight for the Vancouver Canucks when they host the Columbus Blue Jackets.
Cory Schneider has allowed just five goals in his last four starts, all one-goal Vancouver victories, while stopping 111 of the 116 shots he’s faced (.957 save percentage).
“It is amazing to see the way he has been playing the last four games,” Canucks forward Mason Raymond said following his team’s 3-2 victory Sunday in Colorado. “The way Schneids has been seeing the puck has been huge for our club.”
Prior to their current run, goaltending had been an issue for the Canucks. Neither Schneider nor Roberto Luongo played particularly well during a 3-6-2 swoon that saw Vancouver surrender first place in the Northwest Division to the Minnesota Wild.
Schneider’s save percentage has since risen all the way to .921.
Luongo’s, meanwhile, has dropped to a modest .904, owing largely to a couple of rough outings versus Detroit.
While Schneider was quick to deflect all the credit — “This isn’t about one particular player. The whole team is playing well.” — there’s no question he’s been the major difference as the Canucks continue to struggle to score like they used to.
Apr 18, 2014, 2:27 AM EDT
But it’s one game.
Apr 18, 2014, 1:37 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 1:21 AM EDT
Things got interesting in the third period.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:53 AM EDT
Apr 18, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
Yeah, not a good night for him.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:46 AM EDT
This game may take a lot out of both teams.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:41 AM EDT
Colorado erases two-goal deficit to send it to extra time.
Apr 18, 2014, 12:07 AM EDT
It at least seems like Jonathan Toews is shaking off bumps and bruises.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:54 PM EDT
That was fast.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:36 PM EDT
He had a big night.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:22 PM EDT
These teams don’t like each other.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:58 PM EDT
The Blues forward is usually the aggressor.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:47 PM EDT
Opting to go with Mike Brown instead.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
He’ll remember that one.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:25 PM EDT
Battle of California.
Apr 17, 2014, 10:18 PM EDT
Stating the obvious.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:58 PM EDT
Could this be a key one?
Apr 17, 2014, 9:42 PM EDT
A cap hit of $7.5 million this season.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 PM EDT
Carl Hagelin’s face haunts Philly in Game 1.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:26 PM EDT
Did you hear Patrick Roy’s playing career ended against the Wild?
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39