Mar 25, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
A desperate Oilers team will have center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins back in the lineup tonight in Nashville.
Nugent-Hopkins has missed the last two games with strep throat.
“Feeling strong and feeling like my energy’s back,” he said, per NHL.com.
Edmonton is coming off a 3-0 loss to St. Louis on Saturday. It was the third time the Oilers, who feature no shortage of talented forwards, have been blanked in March.
Nugent-Hopkins, 19, is having a tough sophomore season. The first overall pick in the 2011 draft has just two goals and nine assists in 27 games.
Defenseman (and prime trade candidate) Ryan Whitney will be a healthy scratch tonight.
The Oilers are 13th in the Western Conference, four points back of eighth-place Dallas.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)