Mar 25, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
A desperate Oilers team will have center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins back in the lineup tonight in Nashville.
Nugent-Hopkins has missed the last two games with strep throat.
“Feeling strong and feeling like my energy’s back,” he said, per NHL.com.
Edmonton is coming off a 3-0 loss to St. Louis on Saturday. It was the third time the Oilers, who feature no shortage of talented forwards, have been blanked in March.
Nugent-Hopkins, 19, is having a tough sophomore season. The first overall pick in the 2011 draft has just two goals and nine assists in 27 games.
Defenseman (and prime trade candidate) Ryan Whitney will be a healthy scratch tonight.
The Oilers are 13th in the Western Conference, four points back of eighth-place Dallas.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 18
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 5
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 25
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 18
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)