Mar 25, 2013, 5:24 PM EST
A desperate Oilers team will have center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins back in the lineup tonight in Nashville.
Nugent-Hopkins has missed the last two games with strep throat.
“Feeling strong and feeling like my energy’s back,” he said, per NHL.com.
Edmonton is coming off a 3-0 loss to St. Louis on Saturday. It was the third time the Oilers, who feature no shortage of talented forwards, have been blanked in March.
Nugent-Hopkins, 19, is having a tough sophomore season. The first overall pick in the 2011 draft has just two goals and nine assists in 27 games.
Defenseman (and prime trade candidate) Ryan Whitney will be a healthy scratch tonight.
The Oilers are 13th in the Western Conference, four points back of eighth-place Dallas.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 3
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 2
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 86
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 81
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 171
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (171)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (86)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (81)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (78)