Mar 25, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
A desperate Oilers team will have center Ryan Nugent-Hopkins back in the lineup tonight in Nashville.
Nugent-Hopkins has missed the last two games with strep throat.
“Feeling strong and feeling like my energy’s back,” he said, per NHL.com.
Edmonton is coming off a 3-0 loss to St. Louis on Saturday. It was the third time the Oilers, who feature no shortage of talented forwards, have been blanked in March.
Nugent-Hopkins, 19, is having a tough sophomore season. The first overall pick in the 2011 draft has just two goals and nine assists in 27 games.
Defenseman (and prime trade candidate) Ryan Whitney will be a healthy scratch tonight.
The Oilers are 13th in the Western Conference, four points back of eighth-place Dallas.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 22
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 52
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39