Mar 25, 2013, 11:29 AM EST
With four regulation losses in their last seven, Boston coach Claude Julien admitted today that the Bruins are “fighting to find our game right now.”
Julien also told reporters that the B’s “need to be angry at ourselves” going into tonight’s home game with the Maple Leafs.
Boston lost to the Leafs at the Air Canada Centre, 3-2, on Saturday — the first time the Bruins had fallen to Toronto since March 31, 2011.
To their credit, the Bruins outshot the Leafs 33-13, but a 3-0 deficit in goals was too much to overcome.
“It wasn’t there for the first 40 (minutes),” Boston defenseman Dennis Seidenberg said. “But when we did get desperate you see how we can play. It doesn’t really help playing that way when you’re down 3-0. We got to start playing that way at the beginning of the game.”
If the Bruins are true to their word, the Leafs may have to weather the storm early tonight.
Boston has won four straight at home — a streak that started March 7 with a 4-2 victory over the Leafs.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 83
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (83)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)