Mar 25, 2013, 11:29 AM EDT
With four regulation losses in their last seven, Boston coach Claude Julien admitted today that the Bruins are “fighting to find our game right now.”
Julien also told reporters that the B’s “need to be angry at ourselves” going into tonight’s home game with the Maple Leafs.
Boston lost to the Leafs at the Air Canada Centre, 3-2, on Saturday — the first time the Bruins had fallen to Toronto since March 31, 2011.
To their credit, the Bruins outshot the Leafs 33-13, but a 3-0 deficit in goals was too much to overcome.
“It wasn’t there for the first 40 (minutes),” Boston defenseman Dennis Seidenberg said. “But when we did get desperate you see how we can play. It doesn’t really help playing that way when you’re down 3-0. We got to start playing that way at the beginning of the game.”
If the Bruins are true to their word, the Leafs may have to weather the storm early tonight.
Boston has won four straight at home — a streak that started March 7 with a 4-2 victory over the Leafs.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 16
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 10
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 42
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 54
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (44)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)