Mar 25, 2013, 11:23 PM EST
Radek Dvorak cleared waivers Monday, which means he will join the Anaheim Ducks, the team he signed with the day before.
The 36-year-old right winger was not in the lineup for the Ducks Monday night, as they took on the San Jose Sharks.
But he’s just happy to be back in the National Hockey League, playing on a team that looks to be, at this point in the condensed season, a Stanley Cup contender.
“I’m so glad it was Anaheim,” Dvorak told NHL.com.
“It’s nice to be back in the NHL. It was tough for me to leave after 17 years in the League, but that’s how it is. That’s life. But like I said, it’s nice to be back with a team like Anaheim — one of the best teams in the League. I’m very glad and I’m very happy.”
Dvorak has played 1,191 career NHL regular season games. He had four goals and 21 points in 73 games last season for the Dallas Stars.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)