Mar 25, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Radek Dvorak cleared waivers Monday, which means he will join the Anaheim Ducks, the team he signed with the day before.
The 36-year-old right winger was not in the lineup for the Ducks Monday night, as they took on the San Jose Sharks.
FYI, new signee Radek Dvorak will not be in the lineup and is technically non-roster status while he goes through the immigration process.—
Anaheim Ducks (@AnaheimDucks) March 25, 2013
But he’s just happy to be back in the National Hockey League, playing on a team that looks to be, at this point in the condensed season, a Stanley Cup contender.
“I’m so glad it was Anaheim,” Dvorak told NHL.com.
“It’s nice to be back in the NHL. It was tough for me to leave after 17 years in the League, but that’s how it is. That’s life. But like I said, it’s nice to be back with a team like Anaheim — one of the best teams in the League. I’m very glad and I’m very happy.”
Dvorak has played 1,191 career NHL regular season games. He had four goals and 21 points in 73 games last season for the Dallas Stars.
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 18
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 38
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 59
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 55
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (59)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)