Mar 25, 2013, 11:23 PM EDT
Radek Dvorak cleared waivers Monday, which means he will join the Anaheim Ducks, the team he signed with the day before.
The 36-year-old right winger was not in the lineup for the Ducks Monday night, as they took on the San Jose Sharks.
But he’s just happy to be back in the National Hockey League, playing on a team that looks to be, at this point in the condensed season, a Stanley Cup contender.
“I’m so glad it was Anaheim,” Dvorak told NHL.com.
“It’s nice to be back in the NHL. It was tough for me to leave after 17 years in the League, but that’s how it is. That’s life. But like I said, it’s nice to be back with a team like Anaheim — one of the best teams in the League. I’m very glad and I’m very happy.”
Dvorak has played 1,191 career NHL regular season games. He had four goals and 21 points in 73 games last season for the Dallas Stars.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)