Mar 25, 2013, 10:00 PM EDT
Minnesota Wild forward Cal Clutterbuck was injured in the first period of Monday’s game against the Dallas Stars, but he has returned to the game.
Michael Russo of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reported that Clutterbuck crashed into the net after bumping with Stars defenseman Aaron Rome and had to be helped off the ice, unable to put weight on his right leg.
Russo added this tweet later on:
Holy moly, Clutterbuck is on the ice—
Michael Russo (@Russostrib) March 26, 2013
In 24 games this season, Clutterbuck has three goals and five points. He’s also a minus-seven.
The Wild have won five straight games and are going for their sixth consecutive win tonight against the Stars. A win and Minnesota would regain top spot in the Northwest Division.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 7
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 7
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 23
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 40
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (40)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)