Mar 25, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Stastny suffered a left foot injury against the Canucks on Sunday night and will be out “about” 10 days.
The 27-year-old blocked a Jason Garrison shot in the first period and was unable to return to the contest.
Wilson, 26, suffered an ankle injury in the same game and left midway through the second period. He, too, was unable to return, but it’s feared his ailment could be more severe than Stastny’s, as Wilson’s had ankle problems throughout the year.
Stastny is Colorado’s third-leading scorer this year (8G-11A-19PTS) while Wilson has played a key role when healthy, averaging over 18 minutes per game in the 12 appearances he’s made.
How this affects the Avs at the trade deadline remains to be seen.
There’s been a bunch of scuttlebutt around Stastny — he’s got one year left on his deal at $6.6 million per –especially given Colorado has a glut of centermen under contract with Matt Duchene and Ryan O’Reilly on the books until 2014.
In related news, the Avs will call up defenseman Tyson Barrie from AHL Lake Erie to replace Wilson on the roster.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)