Mar 25, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Stastny suffered a left foot injury against the Canucks on Sunday night and will be out “about” 10 days.
The 27-year-old blocked a Jason Garrison shot in the first period and was unable to return to the contest.
Wilson, 26, suffered an ankle injury in the same game and left midway through the second period. He, too, was unable to return, but it’s feared his ailment could be more severe than Stastny’s, as Wilson’s had ankle problems throughout the year.
Stastny is Colorado’s third-leading scorer this year (8G-11A-19PTS) while Wilson has played a key role when healthy, averaging over 18 minutes per game in the 12 appearances he’s made.
How this affects the Avs at the trade deadline remains to be seen.
There’s been a bunch of scuttlebutt around Stastny — he’s got one year left on his deal at $6.6 million per –especially given Colorado has a glut of centermen under contract with Matt Duchene and Ryan O’Reilly on the books until 2014.
In related news, the Avs will call up defenseman Tyson Barrie from AHL Lake Erie to replace Wilson on the roster.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)