Mar 25, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Stastny suffered a left foot injury against the Canucks on Sunday night and will be out “about” 10 days.
The 27-year-old blocked a Jason Garrison shot in the first period and was unable to return to the contest.
Wilson, 26, suffered an ankle injury in the same game and left midway through the second period. He, too, was unable to return, but it’s feared his ailment could be more severe than Stastny’s, as Wilson’s had ankle problems throughout the year.
Stastny is Colorado’s third-leading scorer this year (8G-11A-19PTS) while Wilson has played a key role when healthy, averaging over 18 minutes per game in the 12 appearances he’s made.
How this affects the Avs at the trade deadline remains to be seen.
There’s been a bunch of scuttlebutt around Stastny — he’s got one year left on his deal at $6.6 million per –especially given Colorado has a glut of centermen under contract with Matt Duchene and Ryan O’Reilly on the books until 2014.
In related news, the Avs will call up defenseman Tyson Barrie from AHL Lake Erie to replace Wilson on the roster.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)