Mar 25, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Stastny suffered a left foot injury against the Canucks on Sunday night and will be out “about” 10 days.
The 27-year-old blocked a Jason Garrison shot in the first period and was unable to return to the contest.
Wilson, 26, suffered an ankle injury in the same game and left midway through the second period. He, too, was unable to return, but it’s feared his ailment could be more severe than Stastny’s, as Wilson’s had ankle problems throughout the year.
Stastny is Colorado’s third-leading scorer this year (8G-11A-19PTS) while Wilson has played a key role when healthy, averaging over 18 minutes per game in the 12 appearances he’s made.
How this affects the Avs at the trade deadline remains to be seen.
There’s been a bunch of scuttlebutt around Stastny — he’s got one year left on his deal at $6.6 million per –especially given Colorado has a glut of centermen under contract with Matt Duchene and Ryan O’Reilly on the books until 2014.
In related news, the Avs will call up defenseman Tyson Barrie from AHL Lake Erie to replace Wilson on the roster.
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 4
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 17
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)