Mar 25, 2013, 8:23 PM EDT
Stastny suffered a left foot injury against the Canucks on Sunday night and will be out “about” 10 days.
The 27-year-old blocked a Jason Garrison shot in the first period and was unable to return to the contest.
Wilson, 26, suffered an ankle injury in the same game and left midway through the second period. He, too, was unable to return, but it’s feared his ailment could be more severe than Stastny’s, as Wilson’s had ankle problems throughout the year.
Stastny is Colorado’s third-leading scorer this year (8G-11A-19PTS) while Wilson has played a key role when healthy, averaging over 18 minutes per game in the 12 appearances he’s made.
How this affects the Avs at the trade deadline remains to be seen.
There’s been a bunch of scuttlebutt around Stastny — he’s got one year left on his deal at $6.6 million per –especially given Colorado has a glut of centermen under contract with Matt Duchene and Ryan O’Reilly on the books until 2014.
In related news, the Avs will call up defenseman Tyson Barrie from AHL Lake Erie to replace Wilson on the roster.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39