Mar 24, 2013, 9:59 PM EDT
NBC’s Pierre McGuire gets a unique perspective next to NHL teams’ benches during telecasts, but it puts him in the line of fire during that action.
Usually, that means having to keep an eye out for errant pucks. Sunday’s Philadelphia Flyers-Pittsburgh Penguins game provided a different guest, however, as Brayden Schenn ended up hopping in there with McGuire to avoid a too many men on the ice call:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Well, that was creative.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22