Mar 24, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
First, Selanne played in NHL regular season game No. 1,372 as the Anaheim Ducks eventually lost to the Detroit Red Wings, tying him with Teppo Numminen for the all-time mark for Finnish NHL players (via the OC Register’s Eric Stephens).
Barring an unexpected injury issue, the 42-year-old should set a new record by playing against the San Jose Sharks on Monday.
On the same night, St. Louis pushed his career points total to 892 with an assist, tying Peter Bondra for 100th all-time (credit: the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson). The 37-year-old’s next chance to pass Bondra will come in a Tuesday match against the Buffalo Sabres.
St. Louis has a long way to go if he wants to pass Selanne on the all-time scorers list, though; “The Finnish Flash” pushed his total to 1,426 points with a goal today, strengthening his hold on 15th all-time.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35