Mar 24, 2013, 11:04 PM EDT
First, Selanne played in NHL regular season game No. 1,372 as the Anaheim Ducks eventually lost to the Detroit Red Wings, tying him with Teppo Numminen for the all-time mark for Finnish NHL players (via the OC Register’s Eric Stephens).
Barring an unexpected injury issue, the 42-year-old should set a new record by playing against the San Jose Sharks on Monday.
On the same night, St. Louis pushed his career points total to 892 with an assist, tying Peter Bondra for 100th all-time (credit: the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson). The 37-year-old’s next chance to pass Bondra will come in a Tuesday match against the Buffalo Sabres.
St. Louis has a long way to go if he wants to pass Selanne on the all-time scorers list, though; “The Finnish Flash” pushed his total to 1,426 points with a goal today, strengthening his hold on 15th all-time.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)