Mar 24, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
First, Selanne played in NHL regular season game No. 1,372 as the Anaheim Ducks eventually lost to the Detroit Red Wings, tying him with Teppo Numminen for the all-time mark for Finnish NHL players (via the OC Register’s Eric Stephens).
Barring an unexpected injury issue, the 42-year-old should set a new record by playing against the San Jose Sharks on Monday.
On the same night, St. Louis pushed his career points total to 892 with an assist, tying Peter Bondra for 100th all-time (credit: the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson). The 37-year-old’s next chance to pass Bondra will come in a Tuesday match against the Buffalo Sabres.
St. Louis has a long way to go if he wants to pass Selanne on the all-time scorers list, though; “The Finnish Flash” pushed his total to 1,426 points with a goal today, strengthening his hold on 15th all-time.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 61
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)