Mar 24, 2013, 11:04 PM EST
First, Selanne played in NHL regular season game No. 1,372 as the Anaheim Ducks eventually lost to the Detroit Red Wings, tying him with Teppo Numminen for the all-time mark for Finnish NHL players (via the OC Register’s Eric Stephens).
Barring an unexpected injury issue, the 42-year-old should set a new record by playing against the San Jose Sharks on Monday.
On the same night, St. Louis pushed his career points total to 892 with an assist, tying Peter Bondra for 100th all-time (credit: the Tampa Tribune’s Erik Erlendsson). The 37-year-old’s next chance to pass Bondra will come in a Tuesday match against the Buffalo Sabres.
St. Louis has a long way to go if he wants to pass Selanne on the all-time scorers list, though; “The Finnish Flash” pushed his total to 1,426 points with a goal today, strengthening his hold on 15th all-time.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4