Mar 24, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
This sure went down quickly. ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun has the final details.
Pittsburgh gets: Brenden Morrow, 2013 third-round pick
Dallas gets: Joe Morrow, 2013 fifth-round pick
J. Morrow gives the Stars a young defensive prospect, taken 23rd overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. The former Portland Winterhawks standout has spent this season with Pittsburgh’s AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, scoring 15 points in 57 games.
As for the elder Morrow — the addition to the Penguins roster reminds us of when they added Bill Guerin during their Stanley Cup run in 2009.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31