Mar 24, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
This sure went down quickly. ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun has the final details.
Pittsburgh gets: Brenden Morrow, 2013 third-round pick
Dallas gets: Joe Morrow, 2013 fifth-round pick
J. Morrow gives the Stars a young defensive prospect, taken 23rd overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. The former Portland Winterhawks standout has spent this season with Pittsburgh’s AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, scoring 15 points in 57 games.
As for the elder Morrow — the addition to the Penguins roster reminds us of when they added Bill Guerin during their Stanley Cup run in 2009.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)