Mar 24, 2013, 5:50 PM EDT
This sure went down quickly. ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun has the final details.
Pittsburgh gets: Brenden Morrow, 2013 third-round pick
Dallas gets: Joe Morrow, 2013 fifth-round pick
J. Morrow gives the Stars a young defensive prospect, taken 23rd overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft. The former Portland Winterhawks standout has spent this season with Pittsburgh’s AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, scoring 15 points in 57 games.
As for the elder Morrow — the addition to the Penguins roster reminds us of when they added Bill Guerin during their Stanley Cup run in 2009.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 57
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 27
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15