Mar 24, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
“It could be two (weeks), could be four, could be less, certainly not more,” Lamoriello said.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports the Russian winger’s X-Ray came out negative and he’ll get an MRI to gauge if there’s any further damage. New Jersey acquiring Matt D’Agostini from St. Louis last week now looks even more prescient with Kovalchuk going down. Perhaps the real key for the Devils offense while he’s out will be more goals from that Martin Brodeur guy.
New Jersey is currently seventh in the Eastern Conference and four points up on the Rangers and Hurricanes who are tied for eighth. Kovalchuk is second on the team in points behind Patrik Elias.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)