Mar 24, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
“It could be two (weeks), could be four, could be less, certainly not more,” Lamoriello said.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports the Russian winger’s X-Ray came out negative and he’ll get an MRI to gauge if there’s any further damage. New Jersey acquiring Matt D’Agostini from St. Louis last week now looks even more prescient with Kovalchuk going down. Perhaps the real key for the Devils offense while he’s out will be more goals from that Martin Brodeur guy.
New Jersey is currently seventh in the Eastern Conference and four points up on the Rangers and Hurricanes who are tied for eighth. Kovalchuk is second on the team in points behind Patrik Elias.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)