Mar 24, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
“It could be two (weeks), could be four, could be less, certainly not more,” Lamoriello said.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports the Russian winger’s X-Ray came out negative and he’ll get an MRI to gauge if there’s any further damage. New Jersey acquiring Matt D’Agostini from St. Louis last week now looks even more prescient with Kovalchuk going down. Perhaps the real key for the Devils offense while he’s out will be more goals from that Martin Brodeur guy.
New Jersey is currently seventh in the Eastern Conference and four points up on the Rangers and Hurricanes who are tied for eighth. Kovalchuk is second on the team in points behind Patrik Elias.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 2
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 9
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)