Mar 24, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
“It could be two (weeks), could be four, could be less, certainly not more,” Lamoriello said.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports the Russian winger’s X-Ray came out negative and he’ll get an MRI to gauge if there’s any further damage. New Jersey acquiring Matt D’Agostini from St. Louis last week now looks even more prescient with Kovalchuk going down. Perhaps the real key for the Devils offense while he’s out will be more goals from that Martin Brodeur guy.
New Jersey is currently seventh in the Eastern Conference and four points up on the Rangers and Hurricanes who are tied for eighth. Kovalchuk is second on the team in points behind Patrik Elias.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 22
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 48
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)