Mar 24, 2013, 1:38 PM EDT
“It could be two (weeks), could be four, could be less, certainly not more,” Lamoriello said.
Tom Gulitti of Fire & Ice reports the Russian winger’s X-Ray came out negative and he’ll get an MRI to gauge if there’s any further damage. New Jersey acquiring Matt D’Agostini from St. Louis last week now looks even more prescient with Kovalchuk going down. Perhaps the real key for the Devils offense while he’s out will be more goals from that Martin Brodeur guy.
New Jersey is currently seventh in the Eastern Conference and four points up on the Rangers and Hurricanes who are tied for eighth. Kovalchuk is second on the team in points behind Patrik Elias.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 0
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 0
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 27
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 97
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 8
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 11
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36