Mar 24, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
The most amazing part, for some, was that Shannon reminded the hockey world that both Sarich and Babchuk have no-trade clauses.
Babchuk, 28, has appeared in two regular season games in 2013, collecting an assist. If you want to make an argument for his value, he was known for having a thunderous slap shot.
Sarich, 34, managed to get in 11 contests, but his -7 rating and average of about 13 minutes per game won’t blow people away. He does have a surprising amount of experience (898 regular season games played) and a Stanley Cup on his resume, however.
Still, for most, it was a report that was good for laughs. We’ll see if the marginal blueliners get packaged in a deal of some kind (with Iginla, perhaps?) or moved on their own or stay put.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 3
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 5
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 3
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8