Mar 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
After ending the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 12-game winning streak in 2010-11 and an 11-gamer in 2011-12, the Philadelphia Flyers weren’t able to spoil their in-state rivals for a third straight year. The Penguins squeaked by via a 2-1 OT win that really picked up toward the end on Sunday.
Let’s get to some talking points.
- How do you feel about Braydon Coburn‘s hit from behind on Pascal Dupuis during the closing moments of regulation? Isn’t suspension-worthy?
- To Dupuis’ credit, he quickly returned to action and was on the ice for Tyler Kennedy‘s overtime winner. We’ll see if he’s injured soon enough.
- Ilya Bryzgalov was excellent despite the defeat. Should Flyers fans be happy with their likely goalie of the present and future?
- Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux scored the two regulation goals. Where does their rivalry rank in your mind? Can you imagine them coexisting for Team Canada in the future?
- Pittsburgh now has this season’s longest winning streak. How does it compare to the Chicago Blackhawks’ historic season-opening point streak?
- Where would you place Brenden Morrow in that red-hot Penguins lineup?
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4