Mar 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
After ending the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 12-game winning streak in 2010-11 and an 11-gamer in 2011-12, the Philadelphia Flyers weren’t able to spoil their in-state rivals for a third straight year. The Penguins squeaked by via a 2-1 OT win that really picked up toward the end on Sunday.
Let’s get to some talking points.
- How do you feel about Braydon Coburn‘s hit from behind on Pascal Dupuis during the closing moments of regulation? Isn’t suspension-worthy?
- To Dupuis’ credit, he quickly returned to action and was on the ice for Tyler Kennedy‘s overtime winner. We’ll see if he’s injured soon enough.
- Ilya Bryzgalov was excellent despite the defeat. Should Flyers fans be happy with their likely goalie of the present and future?
- Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux scored the two regulation goals. Where does their rivalry rank in your mind? Can you imagine them coexisting for Team Canada in the future?
- Pittsburgh now has this season’s longest winning streak. How does it compare to the Chicago Blackhawks’ historic season-opening point streak?
- Where would you place Brenden Morrow in that red-hot Penguins lineup?
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25