Mar 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
After ending the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 12-game winning streak in 2010-11 and an 11-gamer in 2011-12, the Philadelphia Flyers weren’t able to spoil their in-state rivals for a third straight year. The Penguins squeaked by via a 2-1 OT win that really picked up toward the end on Sunday.
Let’s get to some talking points.
- How do you feel about Braydon Coburn‘s hit from behind on Pascal Dupuis during the closing moments of regulation? Isn’t suspension-worthy?
- To Dupuis’ credit, he quickly returned to action and was on the ice for Tyler Kennedy‘s overtime winner. We’ll see if he’s injured soon enough.
- Ilya Bryzgalov was excellent despite the defeat. Should Flyers fans be happy with their likely goalie of the present and future?
- Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux scored the two regulation goals. Where does their rivalry rank in your mind? Can you imagine them coexisting for Team Canada in the future?
- Pittsburgh now has this season’s longest winning streak. How does it compare to the Chicago Blackhawks’ historic season-opening point streak?
- Where would you place Brenden Morrow in that red-hot Penguins lineup?
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 7
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 5
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 23
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 24
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)