Mar 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EDT
After ending the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 12-game winning streak in 2010-11 and an 11-gamer in 2011-12, the Philadelphia Flyers weren’t able to spoil their in-state rivals for a third straight year. The Penguins squeaked by via a 2-1 OT win that really picked up toward the end on Sunday.
Let’s get to some talking points.
- How do you feel about Braydon Coburn‘s hit from behind on Pascal Dupuis during the closing moments of regulation? Isn’t suspension-worthy?
- To Dupuis’ credit, he quickly returned to action and was on the ice for Tyler Kennedy‘s overtime winner. We’ll see if he’s injured soon enough.
- Ilya Bryzgalov was excellent despite the defeat. Should Flyers fans be happy with their likely goalie of the present and future?
- Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux scored the two regulation goals. Where does their rivalry rank in your mind? Can you imagine them coexisting for Team Canada in the future?
- Pittsburgh now has this season’s longest winning streak. How does it compare to the Chicago Blackhawks’ historic season-opening point streak?
- Where would you place Brenden Morrow in that red-hot Penguins lineup?
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)