Mar 24, 2013, 10:09 PM EST
After ending the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 12-game winning streak in 2010-11 and an 11-gamer in 2011-12, the Philadelphia Flyers weren’t able to spoil their in-state rivals for a third straight year. The Penguins squeaked by via a 2-1 OT win that really picked up toward the end on Sunday.
Let’s get to some talking points.
- How do you feel about Braydon Coburn‘s hit from behind on Pascal Dupuis during the closing moments of regulation? Isn’t suspension-worthy?
- To Dupuis’ credit, he quickly returned to action and was on the ice for Tyler Kennedy‘s overtime winner. We’ll see if he’s injured soon enough.
- Ilya Bryzgalov was excellent despite the defeat. Should Flyers fans be happy with their likely goalie of the present and future?
- Sidney Crosby and Claude Giroux scored the two regulation goals. Where does their rivalry rank in your mind? Can you imagine them coexisting for Team Canada in the future?
- Pittsburgh now has this season’s longest winning streak. How does it compare to the Chicago Blackhawks’ historic season-opening point streak?
- Where would you place Brenden Morrow in that red-hot Penguins lineup?
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 17
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 74
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (74)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)