Mar 24, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
The Flyers are going to be a bit shorthanded when they face their cross-state rivals in Pittsburgh tonight.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren said Danny Briere is day-to-day with an upper body injury suffered yesterday in practice and will be out of tonight’s game. Dave Isaac of the Courier-Post says it’s likely Harry Zolnierczyk will draw into the lineup to replace him. Mike Knuble is also a possibility.
Briere has battled injury problems over the last few years, but he’s missed just four games this season for the Flyers. That said, his production is down with just five goals and eight assists this season. His 13 points put him 18 behind team leader Jakub Voracek. With the Flyers pushing to make the playoffs, losing anyone producing points is an unnecessary blow.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)