Mar 24, 2013, 11:36 AM EST
The Flyers are going to be a bit shorthanded when they face their cross-state rivals in Pittsburgh tonight.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren said Danny Briere is day-to-day with an upper body injury suffered yesterday in practice and will be out of tonight’s game. Dave Isaac of the Courier-Post says it’s likely Harry Zolnierczyk will draw into the lineup to replace him. Mike Knuble is also a possibility.
Briere has battled injury problems over the last few years, but he’s missed just four games this season for the Flyers. That said, his production is down with just five goals and eight assists this season. His 13 points put him 18 behind team leader Jakub Voracek. With the Flyers pushing to make the playoffs, losing anyone producing points is an unnecessary blow.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35