Mar 24, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
The Flyers are going to be a bit shorthanded when they face their cross-state rivals in Pittsburgh tonight.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren said Danny Briere is day-to-day with an upper body injury suffered yesterday in practice and will be out of tonight’s game. Dave Isaac of the Courier-Post says it’s likely Harry Zolnierczyk will draw into the lineup to replace him. Mike Knuble is also a possibility.
Briere has battled injury problems over the last few years, but he’s missed just four games this season for the Flyers. That said, his production is down with just five goals and eight assists this season. His 13 points put him 18 behind team leader Jakub Voracek. With the Flyers pushing to make the playoffs, losing anyone producing points is an unnecessary blow.
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39