Mar 24, 2013, 11:36 AM EDT
The Flyers are going to be a bit shorthanded when they face their cross-state rivals in Pittsburgh tonight.
Philly GM Paul Holmgren said Danny Briere is day-to-day with an upper body injury suffered yesterday in practice and will be out of tonight’s game. Dave Isaac of the Courier-Post says it’s likely Harry Zolnierczyk will draw into the lineup to replace him. Mike Knuble is also a possibility.
Briere has battled injury problems over the last few years, but he’s missed just four games this season for the Flyers. That said, his production is down with just five goals and eight assists this season. His 13 points put him 18 behind team leader Jakub Voracek. With the Flyers pushing to make the playoffs, losing anyone producing points is an unnecessary blow.
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 1
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 35
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 49
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)