Mar 23, 2013, 1:16 AM EDT
The Ducks came into the game with points in each of their last 12 games, and were two days removed from a thrilling third-period comeback win over the Chicago Blackhawks in a battle of the top two teams in the Western Conference.
Abdelkader, who also had an assist to make it a four-point night Friday, now has five goals in his past three games.
Prior to March 16 against the Vancouver Canucks, Abdelkader had found the back of the net just once in the previous 28 regular season games.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25