Mar 23, 2013, 1:16 AM EDT
The Ducks came into the game with points in each of their last 12 games, and were two days removed from a thrilling third-period comeback win over the Chicago Blackhawks in a battle of the top two teams in the Western Conference.
Abdelkader, who also had an assist to make it a four-point night Friday, now has five goals in his past three games.
Prior to March 16 against the Vancouver Canucks, Abdelkader had found the back of the net just once in the previous 28 regular season games.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 0
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 21
- Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 28
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 3
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 1
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)