Mar 23, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
It’s been a busy few days for the NHL’s Department of Player Safety and now Nashville Predators forward Rich Clune may be expecting a call for supplemental discipline.
Clune was assessed a major penalty for interference and a game misconduct for a late, high hit on Columbus Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov in the first period of Saturday’s game.
Anisimov was shaken up on the hit and cut near the right eye. The Blue Jackets already came into the game without Brandon Dubinsky, who is out with a lower body injury and suffered a setback, head coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)