Mar 23, 2013, 9:26 PM EST
It’s been a busy few days for the NHL’s Department of Player Safety and now Nashville Predators forward Rich Clune may be expecting a call for supplemental discipline.
Clune was assessed a major penalty for interference and a game misconduct for a late, high hit on Columbus Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov in the first period of Saturday’s game.
Anisimov was shaken up on the hit and cut near the right eye. The Blue Jackets already came into the game without Brandon Dubinsky, who is out with a lower body injury and suffered a setback, head coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 9
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 18
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)