Mar 23, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
It’s been a busy few days for the NHL’s Department of Player Safety and now Nashville Predators forward Rich Clune may be expecting a call for supplemental discipline.
Clune was assessed a major penalty for interference and a game misconduct for a late, high hit on Columbus Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov in the first period of Saturday’s game.
Anisimov was shaken up on the hit and cut near the right eye. The Blue Jackets already came into the game without Brandon Dubinsky, who is out with a lower body injury and suffered a setback, head coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 99
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 77
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (100)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)