Mar 23, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
It’s been a busy few days for the NHL’s Department of Player Safety and now Nashville Predators forward Rich Clune may be expecting a call for supplemental discipline.
Clune was assessed a major penalty for interference and a game misconduct for a late, high hit on Columbus Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov in the first period of Saturday’s game.
Anisimov was shaken up on the hit and cut near the right eye. The Blue Jackets already came into the game without Brandon Dubinsky, who is out with a lower body injury and suffered a setback, head coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch.
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 35
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 16
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6