Mar 23, 2013, 9:26 PM EDT
It’s been a busy few days for the NHL’s Department of Player Safety and now Nashville Predators forward Rich Clune may be expecting a call for supplemental discipline.
Clune was assessed a major penalty for interference and a game misconduct for a late, high hit on Columbus Blue Jackets forward Artem Anisimov in the first period of Saturday’s game.
Anisimov was shaken up on the hit and cut near the right eye. The Blue Jackets already came into the game without Brandon Dubinsky, who is out with a lower body injury and suffered a setback, head coach Todd Richards told the Columbus Dispatch.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 3
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)