Mar 23, 2013, 7:56 PM EDT
There was more discussion Saturday as to whether the Tampa Bay Lightning would move small but skilled forward Martin St. Louis.
“Let’s remember, too, that this is a situation – a lot like (Jarome Iginla) – the one person that can decide whether he wants to stay or be traded is Martin St. Louis,” Sportsnet’s John Shannon said during Hockey Central’s Trade Tracker on Saturday afternoon.
Jason York added during the same segment that he does not believe St. Louis will be traded, however he did list the Boston Bruins and New York Rangers as possible destinations St. Louis could be traded to.
St. Louis, at the age of 37, has seven goals and 39 points in 31 games. That puts him fourth overall in league scoring.
Not bad for someone pushing 40 years of age. If age is at all a concern for NHL general managers interested in acquiring the 5’8″ winger, then St. Louis is proving his doubters wrong.
“As you get older, I think people are expecting you to slow down,” St. Louis recently told the National Post.
“And if you let that creep into your head, I think it’s just going to speed up the process of slowing down, you know?
“I try to take care of my body and stay in good shape … I feel good out there. I don’t know what you’re supposed to feel like at 37 — this is my first time.”
There has been talk, as recently as six days ago, that the Lightning may consider trading St. Louis, who has one more year left on his four-year, $22.5 million contract.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 0
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 2
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 28
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)