Mar 23, 2013, 7:56 PM EDT
There was more discussion Saturday as to whether the Tampa Bay Lightning would move small but skilled forward Martin St. Louis.
“Let’s remember, too, that this is a situation – a lot like (Jarome Iginla) – the one person that can decide whether he wants to stay or be traded is Martin St. Louis,” Sportsnet’s John Shannon said during Hockey Central’s Trade Tracker on Saturday afternoon.
Jason York added during the same segment that he does not believe St. Louis will be traded, however he did list the Boston Bruins and New York Rangers as possible destinations St. Louis could be traded to.
St. Louis, at the age of 37, has seven goals and 39 points in 31 games. That puts him fourth overall in league scoring.
Not bad for someone pushing 40 years of age. If age is at all a concern for NHL general managers interested in acquiring the 5’8″ winger, then St. Louis is proving his doubters wrong.
“As you get older, I think people are expecting you to slow down,” St. Louis recently told the National Post.
“And if you let that creep into your head, I think it’s just going to speed up the process of slowing down, you know?
“I try to take care of my body and stay in good shape … I feel good out there. I don’t know what you’re supposed to feel like at 37 — this is my first time.”
There has been talk, as recently as six days ago, that the Lightning may consider trading St. Louis, who has one more year left on his four-year, $22.5 million contract.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)