Mar 23, 2013, 7:56 PM EDT
There was more discussion Saturday as to whether the Tampa Bay Lightning would move small but skilled forward Martin St. Louis.
“Let’s remember, too, that this is a situation – a lot like (Jarome Iginla) – the one person that can decide whether he wants to stay or be traded is Martin St. Louis,” Sportsnet’s John Shannon said during Hockey Central’s Trade Tracker on Saturday afternoon.
Jason York added during the same segment that he does not believe St. Louis will be traded, however he did list the Boston Bruins and New York Rangers as possible destinations St. Louis could be traded to.
St. Louis, at the age of 37, has seven goals and 39 points in 31 games. That puts him fourth overall in league scoring.
Not bad for someone pushing 40 years of age. If age is at all a concern for NHL general managers interested in acquiring the 5’8″ winger, then St. Louis is proving his doubters wrong.
“As you get older, I think people are expecting you to slow down,” St. Louis recently told the National Post.
“And if you let that creep into your head, I think it’s just going to speed up the process of slowing down, you know?
“I try to take care of my body and stay in good shape … I feel good out there. I don’t know what you’re supposed to feel like at 37 — this is my first time.”
There has been talk, as recently as six days ago, that the Lightning may consider trading St. Louis, who has one more year left on his four-year, $22.5 million contract.
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 17
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 16
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 37
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 7
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 44
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 4
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 105
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)