Mar 23, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Make no mistake about it, Joffrey Lupul still wants to know where the line is drawn for suspensions. When he tweeted out his displeasure over seeing Rick Nash not being suspended while he sat for his own misgivings, it was thought he couldn’t own up to his own wrongdoing.
As Lupul told media today in Toronto, that’s not the case. He would still like to have more clarity about what is or isn’t a clean hit. Dave Hilson of The Toronto Sun shares.
“The Rangers are three points behind us and he’s playing tonight and I’m not. That part is frustrating for our team and our organization … I’m not trying to say that my hit didn’t warrant any discipline, I owned up to it after I saw the video. It was an illegal check … I suppose I’m just a little confused by the whole process.”
Judging by the outrage over Nash not being suspended for his hit on Tomas Kopecky, he’s not alone. Even with Brendan Shanahan explaining why it didn’t warrant a suspension, it didn’t do much to calm down fans desiring “justice” for what appeared to be a blind side head shot.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)