Mar 23, 2013, 4:12 PM EST
Make no mistake about it, Joffrey Lupul still wants to know where the line is drawn for suspensions. When he tweeted out his displeasure over seeing Rick Nash not being suspended while he sat for his own misgivings, it was thought he couldn’t own up to his own wrongdoing.
As Lupul told media today in Toronto, that’s not the case. He would still like to have more clarity about what is or isn’t a clean hit. Dave Hilson of The Toronto Sun shares.
“The Rangers are three points behind us and he’s playing tonight and I’m not. That part is frustrating for our team and our organization … I’m not trying to say that my hit didn’t warrant any discipline, I owned up to it after I saw the video. It was an illegal check … I suppose I’m just a little confused by the whole process.”
Judging by the outrage over Nash not being suspended for his hit on Tomas Kopecky, he’s not alone. Even with Brendan Shanahan explaining why it didn’t warrant a suspension, it didn’t do much to calm down fans desiring “justice” for what appeared to be a blind side head shot.
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 20
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 44
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)