Mar 23, 2013, 4:12 PM EDT
Make no mistake about it, Joffrey Lupul still wants to know where the line is drawn for suspensions. When he tweeted out his displeasure over seeing Rick Nash not being suspended while he sat for his own misgivings, it was thought he couldn’t own up to his own wrongdoing.
As Lupul told media today in Toronto, that’s not the case. He would still like to have more clarity about what is or isn’t a clean hit. Dave Hilson of The Toronto Sun shares.
“The Rangers are three points behind us and he’s playing tonight and I’m not. That part is frustrating for our team and our organization … I’m not trying to say that my hit didn’t warrant any discipline, I owned up to it after I saw the video. It was an illegal check … I suppose I’m just a little confused by the whole process.”
Judging by the outrage over Nash not being suspended for his hit on Tomas Kopecky, he’s not alone. Even with Brendan Shanahan explaining why it didn’t warrant a suspension, it didn’t do much to calm down fans desiring “justice” for what appeared to be a blind side head shot.
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 6
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 17
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 37
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy 172
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)