Mar 23, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Toronto’s going to have to make due without one of their better agitators for the next week or so.
Leafs coach Randy Carlyle announce the team was putting Leo Komarov on injured reserve with an upper-body injury and he’ll be on the shelf for the next 7-10 days. Taking Komarov’s spot in the lineup will be recent call-up Ryan Hamilton.
This season, Komarov has a goal and four assists as well as 14 penalty minutes. He’s been helpful as a penalty killer and part-time irritant for opponents as well. Hamilton is the Toronto Marlies (AHL) leading scorer this season with 30 goals and 48 points on the year. It’s possible the Leafs will get a boost offensively with him in the lineup. With the Leafs losers of six out of their last seven games, getting a few more goals couldn’t hurt.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)