Mar 23, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
Toronto’s going to have to make due without one of their better agitators for the next week or so.
Leafs coach Randy Carlyle announce the team was putting Leo Komarov on injured reserve with an upper-body injury and he’ll be on the shelf for the next 7-10 days. Taking Komarov’s spot in the lineup will be recent call-up Ryan Hamilton.
This season, Komarov has a goal and four assists as well as 14 penalty minutes. He’s been helpful as a penalty killer and part-time irritant for opponents as well. Hamilton is the Toronto Marlies (AHL) leading scorer this season with 30 goals and 48 points on the year. It’s possible the Leafs will get a boost offensively with him in the lineup. With the Leafs losers of six out of their last seven games, getting a few more goals couldn’t hurt.
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 34
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 3
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 57
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 25
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 29
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (80)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)