Mar 23, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Toronto’s going to have to make due without one of their better agitators for the next week or so.
Leafs coach Randy Carlyle announce the team was putting Leo Komarov on injured reserve with an upper-body injury and he’ll be on the shelf for the next 7-10 days. Taking Komarov’s spot in the lineup will be recent call-up Ryan Hamilton.
This season, Komarov has a goal and four assists as well as 14 penalty minutes. He’s been helpful as a penalty killer and part-time irritant for opponents as well. Hamilton is the Toronto Marlies (AHL) leading scorer this season with 30 goals and 48 points on the year. It’s possible the Leafs will get a boost offensively with him in the lineup. With the Leafs losers of six out of their last seven games, getting a few more goals couldn’t hurt.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)