Mar 23, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
Toronto’s going to have to make due without one of their better agitators for the next week or so.
Leafs coach Randy Carlyle announce the team was putting Leo Komarov on injured reserve with an upper-body injury and he’ll be on the shelf for the next 7-10 days. Taking Komarov’s spot in the lineup will be recent call-up Ryan Hamilton.
This season, Komarov has a goal and four assists as well as 14 penalty minutes. He’s been helpful as a penalty killer and part-time irritant for opponents as well. Hamilton is the Toronto Marlies (AHL) leading scorer this season with 30 goals and 48 points on the year. It’s possible the Leafs will get a boost offensively with him in the lineup. With the Leafs losers of six out of their last seven games, getting a few more goals couldn’t hurt.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 12
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2