Mar 23, 2013, 10:38 PM EST
The L.A. Kings have allowed a combined total of three goals over their last two hockey games.
And yet, they’ve lost both of those.
The Kings were shutout for the second consecutive time on home ice, this time falling to the visiting Vancouver Canucks 1-0 on Saturday afternoon.
Against the Canucks, the Kings gave up just 13 shots. Still lost. Cory Schneider, making his third consecutive start in the Canucks goal was, at least to Vancouver fans, the difference. He now has three consecutive wins.
The Kings might see it a different way.
Every team has got good goaltending. This league is all about that. And low-scoring games, 1-0, 3-2, 2-1, whatever,” center Jarret Stoll told the L.A. Times.
“But the bottom line is we’ve got to be better to score goals, and bear down more. And it’s not like we’re not getting chances as a team. I think we are. But we can work for more chances and we can bear down when we get those chances.”
Can’t fault Jonathan Quick for this one.
But, based on the commends of Kings head coach Darryl Sutter, change won’t necessarily be coming to the forward combinations.
“So I’m more inclined to listen to what they tell me more than I tell them, right? It’s difficult when you’re just playing to say that you’re going switch lines up. That’s like giving me a map to a place I don’t know.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)