Mar 23, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
The L.A. Kings have allowed a combined total of three goals over their last two hockey games.
And yet, they’ve lost both of those.
The Kings were shutout for the second consecutive time on home ice, this time falling to the visiting Vancouver Canucks 1-0 on Saturday afternoon.
Against the Canucks, the Kings gave up just 13 shots. Still lost. Cory Schneider, making his third consecutive start in the Canucks goal was, at least to Vancouver fans, the difference. He now has three consecutive wins.
The Kings might see it a different way.
Every team has got good goaltending. This league is all about that. And low-scoring games, 1-0, 3-2, 2-1, whatever,” center Jarret Stoll told the L.A. Times.
“But the bottom line is we’ve got to be better to score goals, and bear down more. And it’s not like we’re not getting chances as a team. I think we are. But we can work for more chances and we can bear down when we get those chances.”
Can’t fault Jonathan Quick for this one.
But, based on the commends of Kings head coach Darryl Sutter, change won’t necessarily be coming to the forward combinations.
“So I’m more inclined to listen to what they tell me more than I tell them, right? It’s difficult when you’re just playing to say that you’re going switch lines up. That’s like giving me a map to a place I don’t know.”
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 2
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 13
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 24
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 42
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)