Mar 23, 2013, 10:38 PM EST
The L.A. Kings have allowed a combined total of three goals over their last two hockey games.
And yet, they’ve lost both of those.
The Kings were shutout for the second consecutive time on home ice, this time falling to the visiting Vancouver Canucks 1-0 on Saturday afternoon.
Against the Canucks, the Kings gave up just 13 shots. Still lost. Cory Schneider, making his third consecutive start in the Canucks goal was, at least to Vancouver fans, the difference. He now has three consecutive wins.
The Kings might see it a different way.
Every team has got good goaltending. This league is all about that. And low-scoring games, 1-0, 3-2, 2-1, whatever,” center Jarret Stoll told the L.A. Times.
“But the bottom line is we’ve got to be better to score goals, and bear down more. And it’s not like we’re not getting chances as a team. I think we are. But we can work for more chances and we can bear down when we get those chances.”
Can’t fault Jonathan Quick for this one.
But, based on the commends of Kings head coach Darryl Sutter, change won’t necessarily be coming to the forward combinations.
“So I’m more inclined to listen to what they tell me more than I tell them, right? It’s difficult when you’re just playing to say that you’re going switch lines up. That’s like giving me a map to a place I don’t know.”
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)