Mar 23, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Back-to-back losses to the Washington Capitals on home ice has the Winnipeg Jets’ faithful a tad impatient.
The Jets, in the midst of a four-game home stand, were thumped 4-0 by the Capitals on Thursday, and then suffered a 6-1 loss to the same team roughly 24 hours later, leading to an appearance from the boo birds in Winnipeg.
It doesn’t take much analysis to figure out how the Jets performed over the course of these past two games.
“Awful,” Jets forward Olli Jokinen told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“We’ve got to give (the Capitals) credit a little bit with the way they play, they play smart hockey. But it’s a pretty bad feeling when your own fans are booing you out of the game. We’re disappointed with the way we played here the last couple of days.
“We’ve got to try to stay positive. We believe we’re a good team and we will be better Sunday.”
The Jets are still the top team in the Southeast Division, although its not the strongest division in the Eastern Conference.
Of the five teams in the Southeast, only two are currently in a playoff position.
The Carolina Hurricanes occupy the eighth seed, but are tied in points (32) with the ninth-place New York Rangers.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 26
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)