Mar 23, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Back-to-back losses to the Washington Capitals on home ice has the Winnipeg Jets’ faithful a tad impatient.
The Jets, in the midst of a four-game home stand, were thumped 4-0 by the Capitals on Thursday, and then suffered a 6-1 loss to the same team roughly 24 hours later, leading to an appearance from the boo birds in Winnipeg.
It doesn’t take much analysis to figure out how the Jets performed over the course of these past two games.
“Awful,” Jets forward Olli Jokinen told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“We’ve got to give (the Capitals) credit a little bit with the way they play, they play smart hockey. But it’s a pretty bad feeling when your own fans are booing you out of the game. We’re disappointed with the way we played here the last couple of days.
“We’ve got to try to stay positive. We believe we’re a good team and we will be better Sunday.”
The Jets are still the top team in the Southeast Division, although its not the strongest division in the Eastern Conference.
Of the five teams in the Southeast, only two are currently in a playoff position.
The Carolina Hurricanes occupy the eighth seed, but are tied in points (32) with the ninth-place New York Rangers.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 3
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 15
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 40
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)