Mar 23, 2013, 12:12 AM EST
Back-to-back losses to the Washington Capitals on home ice has the Winnipeg Jets’ faithful a tad impatient.
The Jets, in the midst of a four-game home stand, were thumped 4-0 by the Capitals on Thursday, and then suffered a 6-1 loss to the same team roughly 24 hours later, leading to an appearance from the boo birds in Winnipeg.
It doesn’t take much analysis to figure out how the Jets performed over the course of these past two games.
“Awful,” Jets forward Olli Jokinen told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“We’ve got to give (the Capitals) credit a little bit with the way they play, they play smart hockey. But it’s a pretty bad feeling when your own fans are booing you out of the game. We’re disappointed with the way we played here the last couple of days.
“We’ve got to try to stay positive. We believe we’re a good team and we will be better Sunday.”
The Jets are still the top team in the Southeast Division, although its not the strongest division in the Eastern Conference.
Of the five teams in the Southeast, only two are currently in a playoff position.
The Carolina Hurricanes occupy the eighth seed, but are tied in points (32) with the ninth-place New York Rangers.
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 0
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 16
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 5
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 73
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (76)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)