Mar 23, 2013, 12:12 AM EST
Back-to-back losses to the Washington Capitals on home ice has the Winnipeg Jets’ faithful a tad impatient.
The Jets, in the midst of a four-game home stand, were thumped 4-0 by the Capitals on Thursday, and then suffered a 6-1 loss to the same team roughly 24 hours later, leading to an appearance from the boo birds in Winnipeg.
It doesn’t take much analysis to figure out how the Jets performed over the course of these past two games.
“Awful,” Jets forward Olli Jokinen told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“We’ve got to give (the Capitals) credit a little bit with the way they play, they play smart hockey. But it’s a pretty bad feeling when your own fans are booing you out of the game. We’re disappointed with the way we played here the last couple of days.
“We’ve got to try to stay positive. We believe we’re a good team and we will be better Sunday.”
The Jets are still the top team in the Southeast Division, although its not the strongest division in the Eastern Conference.
Of the five teams in the Southeast, only two are currently in a playoff position.
The Carolina Hurricanes occupy the eighth seed, but are tied in points (32) with the ninth-place New York Rangers.
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 1
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 3
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 4
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 55
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)