Mar 23, 2013, 12:12 AM EDT
Back-to-back losses to the Washington Capitals on home ice has the Winnipeg Jets’ faithful a tad impatient.
The Jets, in the midst of a four-game home stand, were thumped 4-0 by the Capitals on Thursday, and then suffered a 6-1 loss to the same team roughly 24 hours later, leading to an appearance from the boo birds in Winnipeg.
It doesn’t take much analysis to figure out how the Jets performed over the course of these past two games.
“Awful,” Jets forward Olli Jokinen told the Winnipeg Free Press.
“We’ve got to give (the Capitals) credit a little bit with the way they play, they play smart hockey. But it’s a pretty bad feeling when your own fans are booing you out of the game. We’re disappointed with the way we played here the last couple of days.
“We’ve got to try to stay positive. We believe we’re a good team and we will be better Sunday.”
The Jets are still the top team in the Southeast Division, although its not the strongest division in the Eastern Conference.
Of the five teams in the Southeast, only two are currently in a playoff position.
The Carolina Hurricanes occupy the eighth seed, but are tied in points (32) with the ninth-place New York Rangers.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)