Mar 23, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
The NHL’s injured reserve got a bit of a workout today.
St. Louis activated forward T.J. Oshie from injured reserve and will have him in the lineup for tonight’s game against Edmonton. Meanwhile, the Oilers put forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins on injured reserve with an illness. Coach Ralph Krueger says Hopkins won’t travel with the team and will miss their next two games. Edmonton activated Eric Belanger to take his place in the lineup.
Meanwhile in Detroit, the loss of Kyle Quincey to a broken cheekbone will be balanced by the return of Carlo Colaiacovo. The oft-injured blue liner returns after missing 29 games with a shoulder injury. Detroit’s had their share of defensive ailments, but getting a very fresh (yet very fragile) Colaiacovo back should help them out as he’s played in just two games this year.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5