Mar 23, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
The NHL’s injured reserve got a bit of a workout today.
St. Louis activated forward T.J. Oshie from injured reserve and will have him in the lineup for tonight’s game against Edmonton. Meanwhile, the Oilers put forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins on injured reserve with an illness. Coach Ralph Krueger says Hopkins won’t travel with the team and will miss their next two games. Edmonton activated Eric Belanger to take his place in the lineup.
Meanwhile in Detroit, the loss of Kyle Quincey to a broken cheekbone will be balanced by the return of Carlo Colaiacovo. The oft-injured blue liner returns after missing 29 games with a shoulder injury. Detroit’s had their share of defensive ailments, but getting a very fresh (yet very fragile) Colaiacovo back should help them out as he’s played in just two games this year.
- It’s Philadelphia Flyers Day at PHT 0
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 21
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 8
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 25
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42