Mar 23, 2013, 5:04 PM EDT
The NHL’s injured reserve got a bit of a workout today.
St. Louis activated forward T.J. Oshie from injured reserve and will have him in the lineup for tonight’s game against Edmonton. Meanwhile, the Oilers put forward Ryan Nugent-Hopkins on injured reserve with an illness. Coach Ralph Krueger says Hopkins won’t travel with the team and will miss their next two games. Edmonton activated Eric Belanger to take his place in the lineup.
Meanwhile in Detroit, the loss of Kyle Quincey to a broken cheekbone will be balanced by the return of Carlo Colaiacovo. The oft-injured blue liner returns after missing 29 games with a shoulder injury. Detroit’s had their share of defensive ailments, but getting a very fresh (yet very fragile) Colaiacovo back should help them out as he’s played in just two games this year.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)