Mar 23, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk left Saturday’s game against the Florida Panthers due to an injury.
According to NHL.com, Kovalchuk lost an edge and went hard into the end boards behind the Panthers’ net.
Devils forward Tim Sestito also left the game not long after Kovalchuk was injured.
Sestito took a hit from defenseman Colby Robak, who was given a major penalty for cross checking and a game misconduct.
The Devils won the game 2-1.
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 0
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 20
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8