Mar 23, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk left Saturday’s game against the Florida Panthers due to an injury.
According to NHL.com, Kovalchuk lost an edge and went hard into the end boards behind the Panthers’ net.
Devils forward Tim Sestito also left the game not long after Kovalchuk was injured.
Sestito took a hit from defenseman Colby Robak, who was given a major penalty for cross checking and a game misconduct.
The Devils won the game 2-1.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 33
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 23
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 31
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)