Mar 23, 2013, 10:05 PM EDT
New Jersey Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk left Saturday’s game against the Florida Panthers due to an injury.
According to NHL.com, Kovalchuk lost an edge and went hard into the end boards behind the Panthers’ net.
Devils forward Tim Sestito also left the game not long after Kovalchuk was injured.
Sestito took a hit from defenseman Colby Robak, who was given a major penalty for cross checking and a game misconduct.
The Devils won the game 2-1.
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 0
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 17
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4