Mar 23, 2013, 10:05 PM EST
New Jersey Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk left Saturday’s game against the Florida Panthers due to an injury.
According to NHL.com, Kovalchuk lost an edge and went hard into the end boards behind the Panthers’ net.
Devils forward Tim Sestito also left the game not long after Kovalchuk was injured.
Sestito took a hit from defenseman Colby Robak, who was given a major penalty for cross checking and a game misconduct.
The Devils won the game 2-1.
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 12
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 26
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 30
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 6
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)