Mar 23, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler spoke publicly for the first time since the National Hockey League handed him a two-game suspension for colliding with Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith on Thursday.
“Obviously I am disappointed I am suspended,” Edler told the Vancouver Sun on Saturday.
“I had no intention of making any contact with the goalie. I was going for the puck. The decision is made now. I have to look forward.”
“I have been in the league for seven years and I think I have been a clean player…I haven’t had a major penalty or anything.”
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 6
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 35
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 16
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 52
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54