Mar 23, 2013, 11:12 PM EDT
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler spoke publicly for the first time since the National Hockey League handed him a two-game suspension for colliding with Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith on Thursday.
“Obviously I am disappointed I am suspended,” Edler told the Vancouver Sun on Saturday.
“I had no intention of making any contact with the goalie. I was going for the puck. The decision is made now. I have to look forward.”
“I have been in the league for seven years and I think I have been a clean player…I haven’t had a major penalty or anything.”
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 5
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 14
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13