Mar 23, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler spoke publicly for the first time since the National Hockey League handed him a two-game suspension for colliding with Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith on Thursday.
“Obviously I am disappointed I am suspended,” Edler told the Vancouver Sun on Saturday.
“I had no intention of making any contact with the goalie. I was going for the puck. The decision is made now. I have to look forward.”
“I have been in the league for seven years and I think I have been a clean player…I haven’t had a major penalty or anything.”
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 39
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 9
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 28