Mar 23, 2013, 11:12 PM EST
Vancouver Canucks defenseman Alex Edler spoke publicly for the first time since the National Hockey League handed him a two-game suspension for colliding with Phoenix Coyotes goalie Mike Smith on Thursday.
“Obviously I am disappointed I am suspended,” Edler told the Vancouver Sun on Saturday.
“I had no intention of making any contact with the goalie. I was going for the puck. The decision is made now. I have to look forward.”
“I have been in the league for seven years and I think I have been a clean player…I haven’t had a major penalty or anything.”
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 20
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 19
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 42
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 9