Mar 23, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens are welcoming home a familiar face.
Halpern played for the Habs during the 2010-11 season and played well for them in a third/fourth line role scoring 11 goals with 15 assists. He’ll likely assume a role on Montreal’s fourth line now as coach Michel Therrien has been using guys like Ryan White and Gabriel Dumont in that role this season.
This season with the Rangers, Halpern has no goals and one assist in 30 games and found himself a healthy scratch recently before being waived. He’s a veteran performer, however, and gives Montreal better depth up the middle.
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 2
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 8
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 18
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 30
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 19
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 85
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 99
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)