Mar 23, 2013, 1:20 PM EST
The Montreal Canadiens are welcoming home a familiar face.
Halpern played for the Habs during the 2010-11 season and played well for them in a third/fourth line role scoring 11 goals with 15 assists. He’ll likely assume a role on Montreal’s fourth line now as coach Michel Therrien has been using guys like Ryan White and Gabriel Dumont in that role this season.
This season with the Rangers, Halpern has no goals and one assist in 30 games and found himself a healthy scratch recently before being waived. He’s a veteran performer, however, and gives Montreal better depth up the middle.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)