Mar 23, 2013, 1:20 PM EDT
The Montreal Canadiens are welcoming home a familiar face.
Halpern played for the Habs during the 2010-11 season and played well for them in a third/fourth line role scoring 11 goals with 15 assists. He’ll likely assume a role on Montreal’s fourth line now as coach Michel Therrien has been using guys like Ryan White and Gabriel Dumont in that role this season.
This season with the Rangers, Halpern has no goals and one assist in 30 games and found himself a healthy scratch recently before being waived. He’s a veteran performer, however, and gives Montreal better depth up the middle.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)