Mar 23, 2013, 6:00 AM EDT
Rich Peverley has had some time to let the feeling of being a healthy scratch sink in.
On Friday, one day after he was sat for the Boston Bruins’ 2-1 victory over the Ottawa Senators, Peverley admitted frustration over head coach Claude Julien’s decision.
“You definitely think about it a lot,” Peverley told CSNNE.com on Friday.
“You wouldn’t be a hockey player if you weren’t frustrated by it. But you need to take a positive out of it and that’s what I’m trying to do right now.
“Obviously you never want to be a healthy scratch. But it was a coach’s decision. I know I need to be a lot better. Hopefully from here on out, it will go a lot better and I can use it as motivation.”
The 30-year-old Peverley, who the Bruins acquired in a deal with Atlanta in February of 2011, just months before their Stanley Cup win, is struggling right now.
The center has just four goals and nine points in 28 games, but is also a minus-nine.
That’s the worst plus-minus rating on a team that, to this point in the season, is an overall plus-16 and tied for the fourth best rating in the entire NHL alongside the Montreal Canadiens.
Oct 23, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT
He’ in the American Hockey League to start 2014-15.
Oct 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Looks better than one might expect.
Oct 23, 2014, 2:13 AM EDT
Meanwhile, Buffalo scored!
Oct 23, 2014, 1:19 AM EDT
Pretty good chance for three straight.
Oct 23, 2014, 12:23 AM EDT
He was injured on Oct. 16.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:49 PM EDT
No. 8 was having a bit of a difficult night.
Oct 22, 2014, 11:25 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 11:08 PM EDT
Big win for Philly after getting beat bad in Chicago on Tuesday.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:19 PM EDT
Last shift came in the first period.
Oct 22, 2014, 10:13 PM EDT
Oct 22, 2014, 9:48 PM EDT
Little bit of history here.
Oct 22, 2014, 9:19 PM EDT
Milbury doesn’t understand why the Pens would extend him.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
Tremendous gesture from the Penguins organization.
Oct 22, 2014, 8:17 PM EDT
NHL Insider joined Kathryn Tappen live in studio.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Blueliner’s had zero luck in the health department.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:22 PM EDT
Two teams that, how should we say, care not for one another.
Oct 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
“We had no choice but to.”
Oct 22, 2014, 6:21 PM EDT
He won’t travel with the club for its upcoming three-game road swing through Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Charles Wang remains in charge until then.
Oct 22, 2014, 5:22 PM EDT
Worth a reported $16 million.
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 20
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 10
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 34
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)