Mar 22, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
Some encouraging news out of Minnesota on Friday regarding the health of Josh Harding — the goalie was at Xcel Energy Center and spoke with head coach Mike Yeo about his recovery from a setback with Multiple Sclerosis.
“I had a brief conversation with him,” Yeo told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “And he was feeling very good. His word, actually, was great. And even just looking at him, I think he looks great.
“So we’ll talk some more about what the plan is going forward.”
Harding has missed the last 19 games after informing the organization of some complications regarding his MS, which he was diagnosed with last fall. He hasn’t appeared in a game for Minnesota since relieving Niklas Backstrom in a 4-1 loss to Vancouver on Feb. 7.
Harding was supposed to dress for a game against the Canucks on Feb. 12 but, prior to, informed the club he wasn’t feeling right.
“Just lately been feeling a bit off and we kind of knew this was a possibility,” he told NHL.com. “I’m not going to get into too many details about it right now.
“I’m a little off and the decision was made to take this one [game] off and take care of it right now.”
The Wild called up Darcy Kuemper from AHL Houston to play against Vancouver, and proceeded to put Harding on injured reserve.
Two weeks ago, Minnesota GM Chuck Fletcher expressed optimism about Harding’s recovery.
“[He's] feeling a lot better,” Fletcher told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “Now it’s a question of getting back to strenuous physical activity, then getting back on the ice and seeing from there.”
Aug 1, 2014, 10:35 PM EDT
He was a fourth-round pick by them in 2007.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:05 PM EDT
He’s a free agent after next season,
Aug 1, 2014, 8:05 PM EDT
He had 17 points for Calgary last season.
Aug 1, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
No real surprise, right?
Aug 1, 2014, 6:03 PM EDT
His stats and Stanley Cup victories have us perplexed.
Aug 1, 2014, 4:59 PM EDT
He’s gunning to make an impression on L.A.’s blue line corps.
Aug 1, 2014, 3:58 PM EDT
Teemu forever and ever and ever.
Aug 1, 2014, 2:55 PM EDT
He’s win the Cup twice and has two Olympic gold medals, but he hasn’t captured the Norris Trophy yet.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:47 PM EDT
Montreal and the defenseman can still negotiate until the ruling, but no talks are scheduled.
Aug 1, 2014, 1:07 PM EDT
They’re trying to re-sign both of them this summer.
Aug 1, 2014, 12:03 PM EDT
They averaged 3.38 goals per game in the postseason.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:56 AM EDT
They still might avoid the ruling though.
Aug 1, 2014, 10:06 AM EDT
Sunny Mehta wrote two books on the card game, but he’s turned his attention to advanced statistics in sports.
Aug 1, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
His relationship with Panthers GM Dale Tallon made a big difference.
Aug 1, 2014, 8:45 AM EDT
Will Los Angeles regret opting against a buyout?
Aug 1, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Taking a look at the 2014 champions on Friday.
Jul 31, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Lou Lamoriello says those SO struggles are “not a focus.”
Jul 31, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
“It will help me down the road.”
Jul 31, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
Have fun making up captions with this one.
Jul 31, 2014, 7:39 PM EDT
The team estimates he’ll miss two weeks of on-ice training.
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 18
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (60)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)