Mar 22, 2013, 7:46 PM EDT
Some encouraging news out of Minnesota on Friday regarding the health of Josh Harding — the goalie was at Xcel Energy Center and spoke with head coach Mike Yeo about his recovery from a setback with Multiple Sclerosis.
“I had a brief conversation with him,” Yeo told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “And he was feeling very good. His word, actually, was great. And even just looking at him, I think he looks great.
“So we’ll talk some more about what the plan is going forward.”
Harding has missed the last 19 games after informing the organization of some complications regarding his MS, which he was diagnosed with last fall. He hasn’t appeared in a game for Minnesota since relieving Niklas Backstrom in a 4-1 loss to Vancouver on Feb. 7.
Harding was supposed to dress for a game against the Canucks on Feb. 12 but, prior to, informed the club he wasn’t feeling right.
“Just lately been feeling a bit off and we kind of knew this was a possibility,” he told NHL.com. “I’m not going to get into too many details about it right now.
“I’m a little off and the decision was made to take this one [game] off and take care of it right now.”
The Wild called up Darcy Kuemper from AHL Houston to play against Vancouver, and proceeded to put Harding on injured reserve.
Two weeks ago, Minnesota GM Chuck Fletcher expressed optimism about Harding’s recovery.
“[He's] feeling a lot better,” Fletcher told the Minnesota Star-Tribune. “Now it’s a question of getting back to strenuous physical activity, then getting back on the ice and seeing from there.”
May 22, 2013, 2:59 AM EDT
He was pretty good.
May 22, 2013, 2:23 AM EDT
Series tied 2-2.
May 22, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
You be the judge.
May 22, 2013, 1:07 AM EDT
An apology was issued.
May 22, 2013, 12:54 AM EDT
Turning into a heck of a series.
May 22, 2013, 12:21 AM EDT
Lots happening in this one. More highlights coming, by the way.
May 21, 2013, 11:26 PM EDT
Been dealing with plenty of traffic in front of him all throughout playoffs.
May 21, 2013, 11:14 PM EDT
Does the league take a look at this?
May 21, 2013, 11:07 PM EDT
Where did this scoring come from?
May 21, 2013, 10:19 PM EDT
The comments are now open.
May 21, 2013, 10:07 PM EDT
Both make their series debuts tonight.
May 21, 2013, 9:13 PM EDT
That’s a long way up to do that.
May 21, 2013, 7:37 PM EDT
This might be getting old to him by now.
May 21, 2013, 6:49 PM EDT
He was banged up roughly in Game 3.
May 21, 2013, 6:08 PM EDT
A 13-percent rise from last year.
May 21, 2013, 5:22 PM EDT
Off to a surprising 2-1 series lead over Chicago.
May 21, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
He’ll replace Peter Horachek, who was fired yesterday.
May 21, 2013, 4:49 PM EDT
(His brother is Patrick Roy.)
May 21, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
May 21, 2013, 4:16 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Logan Couture says he’s “all good.”
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 7
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 17
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 10
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 52
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner