Mar 22, 2013, 9:21 PM EST
As per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Edler will forfeit $35,135.14 in salary. That money will go to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
The incident occurred behind the Coyotes net late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-1 Vancouver win.
Edler was assessed a major penalty for charging and had a hearing over the phone with the NHL Friday afternoon.
“While we agree that Edler has no malicious intent on this play, we believe he does not make any effort to minimize or avoid contact,” stated the video explanation from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4