Mar 22, 2013, 9:21 PM EST
As per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Edler will forfeit $35,135.14 in salary. That money will go to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
The incident occurred behind the Coyotes net late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-1 Vancouver win.
Edler was assessed a major penalty for charging and had a hearing over the phone with the NHL Friday afternoon.
“While we agree that Edler has no malicious intent on this play, we believe he does not make any effort to minimize or avoid contact,” stated the video explanation from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)