Mar 22, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
As per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Edler will forfeit $35,135.14 in salary. That money will go to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
The incident occurred behind the Coyotes net late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-1 Vancouver win.
Edler was assessed a major penalty for charging and had a hearing over the phone with the NHL Friday afternoon.
“While we agree that Edler has no malicious intent on this play, we believe he does not make any effort to minimize or avoid contact,” stated the video explanation from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 0
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Datsyuk, Mrazek powers Red Wings past Lightning in Game 1 30