Mar 22, 2013, 9:21 PM EST
As per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Edler will forfeit $35,135.14 in salary. That money will go to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
The incident occurred behind the Coyotes net late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-1 Vancouver win.
Edler was assessed a major penalty for charging and had a hearing over the phone with the NHL Friday afternoon.
“While we agree that Edler has no malicious intent on this play, we believe he does not make any effort to minimize or avoid contact,” stated the video explanation from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)