Mar 22, 2013, 9:21 PM EDT
As per the Collective Bargaining Agreement, Edler will forfeit $35,135.14 in salary. That money will go to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
The incident occurred behind the Coyotes net late in the second period of Thursday’s 2-1 Vancouver win.
Edler was assessed a major penalty for charging and had a hearing over the phone with the NHL Friday afternoon.
“While we agree that Edler has no malicious intent on this play, we believe he does not make any effort to minimize or avoid contact,” stated the video explanation from the NHL’s Department of Player Safety.
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers aim to solve Hawks’ Crawford 0
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 8
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 2
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 34
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)