Mar 22, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes just returned from a brutal 0-3-1 road trip in which they were shut out three times in a row. The last thing they need is to lose their workhorse goalie upon their return to the desert.
Edler received a five-minute charging major but not a game misconduct for that check. Smith played the rest of the second period but was replaced by Jason LaBarbera in the third.
Smith suffered a collision earlier in the contest when Daniel Sedin crashed into his net. The 30-year-old netminder missed a week of action in late January with a lower-body injury.
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 22
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 53
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 5
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 46
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 37
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 26
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 20
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Rangers live another day, edge Bruins in OT
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris