Mar 22, 2013, 12:11 AM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes just returned from a brutal 0-3-1 road trip in which they were shut out three times in a row. The last thing they need is to lose their workhorse goalie upon their return to the desert.
Edler received a five-minute charging major but not a game misconduct for that check. Smith played the rest of the second period but was replaced by Jason LaBarbera in the third.
Smith suffered a collision earlier in the contest when Daniel Sedin crashed into his net. The 30-year-old netminder missed a week of action in late January with a lower-body injury.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8