Mar 22, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes just returned from a brutal 0-3-1 road trip in which they were shut out three times in a row. The last thing they need is to lose their workhorse goalie upon their return to the desert.
Edler received a five-minute charging major but not a game misconduct for that check. Smith played the rest of the second period but was replaced by Jason LaBarbera in the third.
Smith suffered a collision earlier in the contest when Daniel Sedin crashed into his net. The 30-year-old netminder missed a week of action in late January with a lower-body injury.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)