Mar 22, 2013, 12:11 AM EDT
The Phoenix Coyotes just returned from a brutal 0-3-1 road trip in which they were shut out three times in a row. The last thing they need is to lose their workhorse goalie upon their return to the desert.
Edler received a five-minute charging major but not a game misconduct for that check. Smith played the rest of the second period but was replaced by Jason LaBarbera in the third.
Smith suffered a collision earlier in the contest when Daniel Sedin crashed into his net. The 30-year-old netminder missed a week of action in late January with a lower-body injury.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 10
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)